Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

People don't seem to forget do as you want and see as you please.. But you get NOWHERE in this game without being online.. Its how this game works and functions. No online you have a broken game.

There isn't even a in game chat unless you use Origin or Skype.
Old March 8, 2013, 05:41 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Isnt that what you have now though? /whistle

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 8, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've checked, it's not cracked. A lot of fake versions though. I'm sure if there WAS a cracked version we'd have seen 1000 articles about "PIRATES DONT HAVE TO WAIT BUT CUSTOMERS DO". I don't see how it's possible, but we'll find out. Also, games arent cracked for pissing people off, every AAA release is cracked unless its uncrackable. Also, I'm sure this is relevant to people this will eat up DA3 or the next Mass Effect or Battlefield, etc. to come along:

Old March 8, 2013, 05:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Isnt that what you have now though? /whistle
There is a difference in not being able to play because server load is mental.. and playing a game in a "offline" mode if you wish.

But you can't even play the game in a offline mode because it doesn't exist.
Old March 8, 2013, 05:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Of course to add insult to injury, EA will start claiming poor PC game sales as reasoning to get out of releasing PC titles without mentioning that they themselves caused the poor sales. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 8, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Of course to add insult to injury, EA will start claiming poor PC game sales as reasoning to get out of releasing PC titles without mentioning that they themselves caused the poor sales. :)
I KNOW!!! FFFFuuuuuuuuuu. They've stopped actively promoting it and asked affiliates to stop promoting it though so I'm sure they know they've ****** up at least a little.
Old March 8, 2013, 11:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm completely sworn of EA at this point, not just because of this by any means, mostly the stuff that their corporate says. I dont think EA has actually made a game that I've really enjoyed since Dragon Age:Origins, maybe ME2. But after all the fiascoes they've had recently MassEffect3 was garbage from my opinion (and not just the ending though that was atrocious), Dragon Age2 was an insult to DAO fans, the mentality around DLC and micro transactions, insistence in multiplayer in ALL games, Origin or rather the fact that they pulled games from Steam. EA is getting worse not better from what I can tell and I will not be purchasing DA3 anytime near its launch, I'll wait for it to show up on Steam for $5 if I ever do get it.

And not being able to play this game offline even in theory is rubbish. There is absolutely no way that I couldnt succeed in this game as is going solo.

And I'm all for letting EA think that the PC is dead to them, it is, they havent put out anything worthwhile on the PC for years, stop giving us junk
Old March 9, 2013, 09:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Mentioned in the other thread that Maxis is formally apologizing, having a chat with the customers today and offering a free game for your troubles if you have your game registered on Origin by the 18th, They are trying, just seemingly a little slow at that, better then what Blizzard did blatantly blaming the users and not their servers or software.

This doesn't change the fact that the server issues shouldn't have happened. Why did soo few people get invited to their last Beta (Beta 3)? They should have been sending keys to anyone who was in Beta 1 and 2, and people who signed up for a beta and didn't get in so they could stress test the servers.
Old March 9, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Mentioned in the other thread that Maxis is formally apologizing, having a chat with the customers today and offering a free game for your troubles if you have your game registered on Origin by the 18th, They are trying, just seemingly a little slow at that, better then what Blizzard did blatantly blaming the users and not their servers or software.

This doesn't change the fact that the server issues shouldn't have happened. Why did soo few people get invited to their last Beta (Beta 3)? They should have been sending keys to anyone who was in Beta 1 and 2, and people who signed up for a beta and didn't get in so they could stress test the servers.
This exactly and to me this implies they knew they had didn't have enough server power during the beta and didn't allow the people in.
Old March 12, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Here is a good rant on the issue. (NSFW)

SimShitty I couldn't agree more.