Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2013, 12:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My favorite part of the game was killing Laura. I was shocked at how graphic it was. I had a similar experience with The Walking Dead. Shocking enough that I couldn't believe what I just saw and it made me laugh my ass off after the shock wore off. Tree branch through the gut, Arrows through the knee and neck. Pinging skull off underwater rocks, 3" pipe through jaw out the back of her head, wolf ripping throat out....good grief that was entertaining. At least for a few minutes.

Then, alas, I had to stop torturing poor Laura and get on with the quests.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
I pretty much agree with you for tomb raider!

Would have loved to see more difficult climbing areas!

PS: play bioshock infinite,it's the ultimate mindf***ing game but it's awesome!
I know I am a HUGE Bioshock 1 fan and cannot wait to get into this. I am hoping to start this weekend sometime.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
Allstar

66% off at greenmangaming, just grabbed it, now to see what the hype about QTEs is all about!
Tomb Raider | PC game | Download discounts at Green Man Gaming
and use the code for 20% more off GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ brings it to 13.60
Old May 24, 2013, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a real hard time jumping and then using the pick to climb up those walls it irrated me so much that I am takingt a break from the game for a while lol
Old May 24, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's probably just an awkward keybind you have set up for it. Try something different. Even with an optimal (personal preference) keybind it will take a few times before your comfortable with it. My middle mouse button is pooched but I was still able to play without it as I have two more auxiliary buttons on it.

Most of my settings are as follows if you want to try this and or modify. I find it the most intuitive use of the keyboard and mouse this way:

Move up: UP Arrow
Move Down: Down Arrow
Move Left: Left Arrow
Move Right: Right Arrow

Walk: Right Shift
Jump: Right Mouse
Roll/Evade/Sprint: Right Shift
Interact: Enter Key

Survival Instinct: Mouse Button 4
Shoulder Swap/Crouch: Right Control
Zoom/Aim: NUMPAD 0
Alt fire: Mouse Button 5

Reload: Spacebar
Map: TAB

The trick is trying to find a combo that works well for you and keeps as many digits busy as comfortably possible.

One niggle I have in the game is the inflexibility with the camera in tight spaces.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
Allstar

I sure like the storytelling in this game, I think it beats Farcry3 for me. But the QTE and sometimes annoying camera controls is what bothers me, that and the "push the stick forward like a console game" parts. Only maybe halfway thru now, it looks and runs great.
Old May 27, 2013, 01:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

We need a mod that replaces every "mash button x" sequence with a push button x once. I mean the fact that the game actually asks you to mash something is hilarious in my opinion.
Old May 28, 2013, 05:57 AM
Allstar

I don't remember a game that was this much fun to experience, it's actually hard to stop and get away from it. I guess that's why this thread is 7 pages long. Aside from the cons we've posted earlier, this is one of the most enjoyable titles in my collection. Replay value must be quite low, I'm guessing, once you've collected all the items, some of which are kind of a pain in the ass to find!

edit: 18.5hrs to complete, 90% on first attempt.

Last edited by On2wheels; May 30, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old May 28, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I don't remember a game that was this much fun to experience, it's actually hard to stop and get away from it. I guess that's why this thread is 7 pages long. Aside from the cons we've posted earlier, this is one of the most enjoyable titles in my collection. Replay value must be quite low, I'm guessing, once you've collected all the items, some of which are kind of a pain in the ass to find!

Yea, I haven't gone back to it and I really only need a couple items to get 100% completion. But that said I really enjoyed the game and thought they did an excellent job on it. Actually I would say that this is the most I have ever enjoyed a Tomb Raider game.