Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2013, 03:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the opinion ipaine. What would you say the replay value is?

BTW, anyone know of a decent source for the boxed retail version of this game? I tried to go through Amazon.com because amazon.ca doesn't carry it. But Amazon.com won't ship to Canada. Go figure. I may not be getting this game after all.
Old March 25, 2013, 05:31 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I finished the game at 82%. I'm going back now to complete it all. Loved the game and I have some time to kill before Bioshock so I'll fart around in there.
Old March 26, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

new patch 1.01.730.0 fix the camp fire issues I had
Old April 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

patched to 1.01.732.1
Old April 1, 2013, 02:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Geeze. I'm happy to see these patches rolling out but man, they're patching a whole lot of things.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Playing this on PS3 as my PC can't handle it. I am about 1/2 way through and at 46% on completion so I'd say I'm doing pretty good so far with finding goodies and Tombs. Gotta say this game is really great. I know some people have compared it to Uncharted, and playing it on PS3 it certainly is comparable but getting into this game they are really quite different.

I love being able to upgrade Lara and her weapons. I've got her pretty badass in hand to hand right now and she's pretty slick with the weapons too. The atmosphere in this game is fantastic and I love the dark, graphic edge they gave it. It's definitely not as GF friendly as Uncharted. The atmosphere makes up for the lack of depth of the characters, like you find in Uncharted. But ya, the wife does a lot of grimacing while I am playing this lol.

There's just so much about this game that really knocks it out of the park. Tons of surprises, a creepy story, fantastic maps, I know everyone hates QTE's but they are even done well and sparingly in this. The combat is fun too and I love the bits of variety you can apply to situations if you are sharp. And the exploration portion isn't over done like in recent Assassin's Creed games where it feels tacked on just to try and extend gameplay.

All in all at this point I am ready to rate this 9.5/10 if I have to use a number scale. We'll see how the second half plays out and what I feel after finishing it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 2, 2013, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I just finished the game last night and I must say I am not that impressed. It was pretty bland and linear. It reminded me of a watered down Unchartered. No character development at all. It seemed very rushed. Uncharted was a much better game IMO.

Just deleted it last night. On to the next one.
Old April 2, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
I just finished the game last night and I must say I am not that impressed. It was pretty bland and linear. It reminded me of a watered down Unchartered. No character development at all. It seemed very rushed. Uncharted was a much better game IMO.

Just deleted it last night. On to the next one.
Interesting. Uncharted definitely has the edge in character development and story telling, but it is much more linear than this game (so far anyways). And it's not like there is no development in TR, it just isn't as rich as Uncharted, which is pretty much cream of the crop in that regard.

I love the Uncharted games and have played them all twice, but reality is the combat is not as tight as it could be, weapons are more limited and you basically go point A to point B and that's it. No Tombs, no upgrades, no map, no XP. So I find your linear point a bit... odd.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 4, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

anyone know if this game requires internet to play? I'm in need of a couple games that don't require steam connect to play but kinda need steam to download and install. Cheers!
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 4, 2013, 06:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nope. Just run it and you can play it in offline mode.