Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2013, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I'm waiting until they fix the nvidia performance issues before I play this one. It runs like crap on my 590.
strange no issues here using 2 cards non SLi second for physX 480, 9800
Old March 15, 2013, 08:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Runs at about 40fps on the TITAN @ 2560x1600 maxed details + FXAA. So it is VERY heavy, particularly when TressFX is turned on.

However, now that I've finished the game, I do have some harsh commentary.

Quick Time Events have NO PLACE in a PC title. Not only do I feel like a damn idiot mashing on my keyboard but in this game they're stupidly timed. I think I died 25 -40 times throughout the course of the game simply because the QTE's ask you to hit button combinations that are completely unnatural. "Mash < / >" followed by "F", then "E", then wiggle mouse......this was the first game I can remember where I was ready to physically throw my keyboard across the room.
Old March 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

Quick Time Events have NO PLACE in a PC title. Not only do I feel like a damn idiot mashing on my keyboard but in this game they're stupidly timed. I think I died 25 -40 times throughout the course of the game simply because the QTE's ask you to hit button combinations that are completely unnatural. "Mash < / >" followed by "F", then "E", then wiggle mouse......this was the first game I can remember where I was ready to physically throw my keyboard across the room.
I wasn't overly impressed with some of the QTE's in the PC version of Max Payne 3, odd button combinations and agree QTE's have no place in PC gaming.
Old March 15, 2013, 09:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The QTE's are not that difficult,and it's not that heavy,with tressfx on max settings FXAA 70 fps with 570.

Your resolution seems to have a huge impact on performance.

The hardest QTE was the wolf one after the cave i think,died 2 times :/

Lol i hope you don't have a mechanical keyboard,you can throw it if it's a membrane keyboard

No need no wait for the nvidia fix,the stupid tressFX adds an unrealistic effect,actually it's like if the hair were in water,it's not really an improvement,it's not that realistic,and it works perfectly without fix,on max settings without that option,you can buy it now...

Last edited by bliz; March 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old March 15, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There is a new patch out on Steam for it now.

Quote:
New fixes in 722.3:

- Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path.
- Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state.
- Fixes for multiplayer connectivity
o An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved.
o Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers. (WTF? )
- Improvements to voice-chat for multiplayer
o New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1.
o New voice-chat volume option.
o Improved overall quality of voice-chat.
- Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available.
- Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player.
- Movies are showing up again when using SSAA.
- Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA.
- TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups.
- TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements.
- New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings.
- Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling.
- Various UI improvements.
Old March 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Maybe it's just me but don't you think that Lara looks a bit like Jennifer Lawrence in hunger games?

I think it was intentionnal,in some cinematics,they look sooo similar,i'm not the only to think that!
Old March 17, 2013, 05:12 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

New nvidia beta 310.21 drivers released friday. Specifically for Tomb Raider. They doubled my FPS in this game.
Old March 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Same,in combo with the update,it's very good now
Old March 17, 2013, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Runs great for me at my new 2560x1440 resolution. I have it running at the Ultra settings which is everything maxed except the TressFX. I believe it is running at about 55-60fps all the time. Although I did have an issue last night that was somewhat odd. Basically after gaming for about 2 hours give or take I noticed some huge slow downs all of a sudden and then a few seconds later it would be back to normal. I looked into it and noticed that every so often the usage on my second card would drop to like 15-20%. Not really sure why it was happening but after it shutting down and starting it back up everything worked fine.

Old March 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wait,actually i restarted a game to see and even with the new beta drivers,it's still very bad in cinematics,but the performance is better when the camera is far.weird...