Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2013, 11:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

You know its a great game when you get instructions telling you to "Mash E". There are far too many QTEs and "mash" scenarios in the game. But apart from them I quite enjoyed it. First Croft game I've actually enjoyed playing, never did understand the recent ones though.
Old March 9, 2013, 01:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

QTE's should never be in any game. Ever.
Old March 9, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

tr series back on track but pc is not being utilitized seems geared to console and only digital download no hard copys just consoles, steam pies
Old March 9, 2013, 12:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I finished it,now i think i can say its almost as good as farcry3,it's just a bomb,you always have different scenery and it's a really long game,i'm blown away by the amount of work done in this game,its' a gem.
Old March 9, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
QTE's should never be in any game. Ever.
Agreed. They just add nothing to the game for me. Mashing E to open a door, or turn a valve doesnt make me feel more immersed in a game, if anything it pulls me back from it. I could live with a hold E but mashing.... consoles really have to answer for that mechanic some day. That and regenerating health.
Old March 10, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

i've noticed that square-enix and steam are using cloud with pc its crashes when checks cloud when in the inventory page

also they used PoP engine for i seen same mapping
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; March 11, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old March 12, 2013, 01:08 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
I finished it,now i think i can say its almost as good as farcry3,it's just a bomb,you always have different scenery and it's a really long game,i'm blown away by the amount of work done in this game,its' a gem.
I was very close to the greenman deal on this. So, by saying "it's just a bomb", means it's actually very good? I'm not up to speed on all the slang. FC3 was ok, I suppose there's a bit more replay now that enemy checkpoints can be reset, but what's the replay value in TR? (besides multiplayer).
Old March 12, 2013, 01:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah,it's very good Sadly,You should not replay it at all,it's not an open world,really linear and always a cinematic so no,it's a magic game,you know,those games that you don't forget,that really bring something else,by the story,mostly.For example,assasins creed 3(the parkour system),farcry 3,crysis 1(this one it was graphics,not story -_-),etc...but when it's done ,wait a year before replaying it.For that i prefer farcry 3,but it's not the same thing,i mean,farcry 3 is bigger,and it's more open,i like that.But when a linear game is really well done,like TR,i like.

PS:it is not but it smells like an Ubisoft Montreal game :D

Ubisoft Montreal are awesome.

Last edited by bliz; March 12, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old March 14, 2013, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Yeah,it's very good Sadly,You should not replay it at all,it's not an open world,really linear and always a cinematic so no,it's a magic game,you know,those games that you don't forget,that really bring something else,by the story,mostly.For example,assasins creed 3(the parkour system),farcry 3,crysis 1(this one it was graphics,not story -_-),etc...but when it's done ,wait a year before replaying it.For that i prefer farcry 3,but it's not the same thing,i mean,farcry 3 is bigger,and it's more open,i like that.But when a linear game is really well done,like TR,i like.

PS:it is not but it smells like an Ubisoft Montreal game :D

Ubisoft Montreal are awesome.
yeah they are

old gamer for i seen done that in the game[s]

to a new gamer TR game is worth every penny

dam steam cloud issues @ campfires

is a wee con compared to a total flop

latency blah cloud games
Old March 15, 2013, 08:12 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm waiting until they fix the nvidia performance issues before I play this one. It runs like crap on my 590.