Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2013, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I love the fact that TressFX is agnostic. Being an AMD game it's expected to be better for Radeons at the moment. But it shouldn't take nVidia long to make a proper driver for it.
Old March 8, 2013, 08:37 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

ITS awesome! I started playing it last night - have a 560Ti 448 and playing it on ultra. getting mid 40's for FPS for the most part. If i turn on the TressFX it drops to the 20's. Reminds me a lot of Far Cry 3 but seems like a better game (so far) from what i see. There is a lot of quicktime events, but they're very well integrated.
Old March 8, 2013, 09:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah,after many hours i'm only 32%.after farcry3,one of the best games i have ever played,it is outstanding.I explore every cave...
Old March 8, 2013, 09:21 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

One of the best games I've played in the last year. Period.

Lara is BACK!
Old March 8, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I will be getting back into this on the weekend. Only really played the first bit and was quite impressed. Like others have mentioned it does somewhat remind me of Far Cry 3, but that was more open than this is. That said if the rest of the game is as good as the first part that I played then anyone playing it is in for a real treat.

Old March 8, 2013, 02:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The rest of the game is way better than the beginning,i'm 50% now and each percent is better,nicer,a bit more complicated,but still easy.I think that ppl like this game mostly for the cinematics and the story

A little bonus,Lara looks awesome
Old March 8, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I thought the character looked a little generic myself. I really want to experience the game but if it's worthy I want to get a retail boxed copy. I may have to order it from the UK by the looks of things.

Edit: Furthermore there is no CE love for PC. I hate being a second class gamer.
Old March 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

EDIT: wrong thread.

I was going to post about the Tomb Raider benchmark. It's a joke. All it does is process Lara's hair without much else and doesn't give you ANY idea of how your system will perform in the game itself.

Last edited by SKYMTL; March 8, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old March 8, 2013, 08:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

little too much multi-tasking there Sky?
Old March 8, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
EDIT: wrong thread.

I was going to post about the Tomb Raider benchmark. It's a joke. All it does is process Lara's hair without much else and doesn't give you ANY idea of how your system will perform in the game itself.
Yea, I totally agree. I almost laughed out loud when I first ran it. I would have to say probably the worst in game benchmark I have seen in a long time.