Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   What were some of the games you remember playing as a kid? (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/60049-what-were-some-games-you-remember-playing-kid.html)

great_big_abyss March 6, 2013 03:41 PM

What were some of the games you remember playing as a kid?

Self explanatory, really. What are some of your first gaming memories? I suppose I mean PC mostly, but if you have some memorable memories on a console, that could work too.

I think I was younger than six when i started PC gaming. I started out on an old 8086 playing jumpman, birdie, digger, etc. Duke Nukem came next, and then along came Kings Quest.

But, my best gaming memory by far, is playing Monkey Island 2 with my brother and my Dad. Every evening after dinner (I think I was 8 at the time?) the three of us would congregate in my father's study and spend a couple of hours solving the various puzzles in the game. Each time we would laugh at the opening sequence, too. That was a great game. A few years ago I played the rehashed rerelease of Monkey Island 2. Fun Times!

Ahh, memories.

Soullessone21 March 6, 2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 694780)
Self explanatory, really. What are some of your first gaming memories? I suppose I mean PC mostly, but if you have some memorable memories on a console, that could work too.

I think I was younger than six when i started PC gaming. I started out on an old 8086 playing jumpman, birdie, digger, etc. Duke Nukem came next, and then along came Kings Quest.

But, my best gaming memory by far, is playing Monkey Island 2 with my brother and my Dad. Every evening after dinner (I think I was 8 at the time?) the three of us would congregate in my father's study and spend a couple of hours solving the various puzzles in the game. Each time we would laugh at the opening sequence, too. That was a great game. A few years ago I played the rehashed rerelease of Monkey Island 2. Fun Times!

Ahh, memories.

Grim FANDANGO!!!!! we spent a whole weekend playing that start to finish me and my first GF back in the day, next game of Yester years WoW before kids myself and my wife would play that game endlessly and had tons of fun playing it to, last favorite game experience was Borderlands Zombie Island, My wife and I played through that DLC like 10 times.

Favorite game of all time FF8 cut scenes were art for their time and the characters had emotion and it was a lot of fun to play. FF7 was to sad haha.

igot6strings March 6, 2013 04:28 PM

Interstate '76, Carmageddon, tons of Doom. Lots of BBS games like LORD.
I'd kill for an Interstate '76 remake. At least there is a Carmageddon remake coming out eventually.

Xeven March 6, 2013 04:56 PM

When I was a kid, we used to go out and play games. :biggrin: But to answer the topic, I guess the first truly memorable games I played were Galaga and Galaxian (although the IIRC I played Pong before that). Getting too old. :doh:

DBGP March 6, 2013 05:09 PM

It all started with our very first computer. An hp pavilion with win95 and a 133mhz pentium cpu lol. Later my dad updated it to 180mhz. That computer came with a bundle of software and in that was a magic the school bus game. Then from there it went to mechwarrior 2, then need for speed 3 hot pursuit, unreal, battlezone, c&c, total annihilation, tiberian sun, and a bunch of others and ever since ive played every shooter,rts and rpg that catches my interest.

chrisk March 6, 2013 05:14 PM

Atari for me. Seaquest and Pitfall. Too poor to own a PC though.

I guess the Turbo Grafix 16 was another....dad and I used to play a lot of Dragon's Quest, Keith Courage and Bonk's Revenge.

Caldezar March 6, 2013 05:17 PM

Missile Attack on the Radioshack CoCo. Then Commander Keen a little later on. I was a computer gamer right from the start...

G777 March 6, 2013 05:19 PM

Asteroids & Galaga.... Classics

stoanee March 6, 2013 06:14 PM

Corridor 7....dos

BlueByte March 6, 2013 06:21 PM

Most memorable games were the Zork series, then the Ultima Series(-9 one it kind of sucked), and Tie fighter, and getting to the end of high school I had Deus Ex. There was Doom and Hexan but I found the others more "memorable" for their time.