Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2013, 06:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Commander Keen, Police Quest, Wolf, Doom, DukeNukem...
Old March 7, 2013, 07:11 AM
Allstar

Grim Fandango, Doom, Half Life, Counter Strike, Thief.

I was not a kid :)

Now when I was a kid - ball hockey, baseball, foot hockey, tag, sling shot

oh actual consoles ? I was 13 when I was introduced to Intellivision baseball and battleship . :)

CHEERS
Old March 7, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

For me Wing Commander2, Deus Ex and Zoo Tycoon are the main ones that stick out for me memory wise.

There was also a CD with 100 or so games on it, a few text adventure with basic graphic stuff, I'm trying to remember but its escaping me the games I actually played off of it, long time ago...... The other early game for me was one where you were Thor (I think) and you threw a hammer at stuff. The good old days....
Old March 7, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, lots of you are bringing up some great games, and bringing back memories. I completely forgot that I played a lot of Silent Service 2, the original Railroad Tycoon, and most importantly, the Civ I (Civ kicked off a love of the series that continues to this day...I've played every iteration except for Civ II).

Oh, and I played tons of Star Wars Rebel Assault, too. had a joystick and everything.

When I was a young teen, my Dad bought my brother and I a flight yoke and pedals, that doubled as a steering wheel. Many hours of NFS3HP and Flight Simulator were enjoyed.

In my later teen years the AOEII AOK series was played.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;

Last edited by great_big_abyss; March 7, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old March 7, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donimo View Post
Leisure suit larry, LOVED space quest, Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender and so very many more.
How the hell did I forget to put that in my list. Those games were great, hell I just bought them all again a couple of weeks back when they became available on GOG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Hmm, lots of you are bringing up some great games, and bringing back memories. I completely forgot that I played a lot of Silent Service 2, the original Railroad Tycoon, and most importantly, the Civ I (Civ kicked off a love of the series that continues to this day...I've played every iteration except for Civ II).
Another couple that I forgot to mention, Railroad Tycoon was such a good game and really what can I say about the Civilization series, put it this way I actually have a boxed copy of Civ II with all manuals and inserts sitting here in my office at work. I have put literally thousands of hours into that series.

Old March 7, 2013, 09:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Crysis 1,Silent Hunter 4,Il 2 sturmovik 1946,Anno 1701
Old March 7, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First ever game that I ever played was NHL 98. We couldn't figure out how to install DX on the computer so we had to take in the tower to a shop . Another game was the Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. Good times. FIrst RTS was starcraft/broodwar - great game.
Old March 7, 2013, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Games as a kid for me were mostly played out side and without any computers but in the mid to late 1970s I started to work part time in a pinball arcade and also the Pool hall my fav game actually was foosball and was pretty good also I loved snooker , pinball was a gas but the first game I played on any type of computer was asteroids and that was actually in the arcade that I worked in . later on once of my friends got a Atari can't remember which one it was but he ended up giving me that because he upgraded to a commodore 64 then later to an Amiga which he gave me the old commodore 64 with well over 100+ games that were all hacked by him and his acquaintances, the thing is that there were so many games back then that I cannot remember 1/100th of the names lol I do seem to remember a text based game that I really liked in which you had to type wordsd in like look ,turn left or what ever it was actually a great game . my first PC game that I really loved was played on a Tandy called silent service .
Old March 7, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SimCity 2000 on windows 3.1 yeeeeaah, and NES games is about as far back as I can remember. Had a lot of fun with Duke Nukem 3D once we got a Pentium 133.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ah, I completely forgot. Bugdom. It was on a imac or something at my elementary library and I remember impressing everyone with how good I was at it. Enjoyed that game quite a bit actually, think I have it on a disk somewhere.