Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Crysis 3 looks amazing

Looks even better than crysis 2,i can only run it on high though,but it's absolutly incredible.Even on medium-high,it's the most beautiful game ever made.
Old March 3, 2013, 06:45 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Wait 'till you try out the first scene with the rain on Very High. Absolutely awe inspiring.
Old March 3, 2013, 06:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

yeah,when i have a new Graphics card,that rain is pwning it to 20 fps
Old March 3, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

After a horrible experience with the first one I wasn't even interested and didn't even know there was a 3rd!
Old March 3, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its very nice eye candy...but the game is meh at best. The later levels are more fun than the earlier but its not much - if at all - better gaming wise than the second. Looks purdy though!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 3, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very tempted to buy it just to play multiplayer. The eye-candy is just amazing. How's the sli scaling on this game anyways? I really wonder my pair of 470s will fare on it at 1080

Old March 3, 2013, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

20 fps? Good luck with multiplayer. Nice to hear it is pretty though. The first one played well enough for me. I really enjoyed it.
Old March 3, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

just replayed the first game and I quite enjoyed it. Graphics are still amazing and the openess of ti was great. Nanosuit in the first was also amazing in my mind and I was saddened deeply with the 2nd's dumbed down version of it. The so was just terrible though and broken to a degree by the fact that I could go invisible at whim.

I didn't like the second for many reasons but mostly the story just didn't make any sense after the first. No ice storms, no giant sphere, no nomad and the there's insistence on bringing prophet back, who I'm sure killed himself at the beginning of the second..

I will play the third soon but I'm only just more interested in seeing what Chris Roberts can pull off with that engine at this point. Unless crytek actually opens up the enviroments again and go back to a game more along the original its not a game I'm going to rush out to play.
Old March 3, 2013, 10:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes, apparently the nano suit in Crysis 2 is a miracle worker. It can somehow resurrect nearby consciences after you cap your own ass outside the suit.

I'll just say that I'm glad I got it bargain binned on steam.
Old March 4, 2013, 05:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the 3rd one relates back to the story a bit better than the 2nd one.

At the end of the game, be sure to carefully look where you are residing (in the final cut scene). I think that surely ties it all back together and of course, leaves it open for another.

And yes, "very high" settings on a U2711 with my GTX690 is absolutely amazing. Some of the cut scenes lagged for some reason, but actual gameplay was smooth. Definitely puts Crysis back on top as the most graphically intense game.