Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Crysis 3 looks amazing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/59997-crysis-3-looks-amazing.html)

bliz March 3, 2013 06:39 PM

Crysis 3 looks amazing

Looks even better than crysis 2,i can only run it on high though,but it's absolutly incredible.Even on medium-high,it's the most beautiful game ever made.

SKYMTL March 3, 2013 06:45 PM

Wait 'till you try out the first scene with the rain on Very High. Absolutely awe inspiring.

bliz March 3, 2013 06:50 PM

yeah,when i have a new Graphics card,that rain is pwning it to 20 fps :haha:

enaberif March 3, 2013 06:56 PM

After a horrible experience with the first one I wasn't even interested and didn't even know there was a 3rd!

AkG March 3, 2013 06:58 PM

Its very nice eye candy...but the game is meh at best. The later levels are more fun than the earlier but its not much - if at all - better gaming wise than the second. Looks purdy though!

CroSsFiRe2009 March 3, 2013 07:02 PM

Very tempted to buy it just to play multiplayer. The eye-candy is just amazing. How's the sli scaling on this game anyways? I really wonder my pair of 470s will fare on it at 1080

IRQ Conflict March 3, 2013 07:55 PM

20 fps? Good luck with multiplayer. Nice to hear it is pretty though. The first one played well enough for me. I really enjoyed it.

muse108dc March 3, 2013 09:52 PM

just replayed the first game and I quite enjoyed it. Graphics are still amazing and the openess of ti was great. Nanosuit in the first was also amazing in my mind and I was saddened deeply with the 2nd's dumbed down version of it. The so was just terrible though and broken to a degree by the fact that I could go invisible at whim.

I didn't like the second for many reasons but mostly the story just didn't make any sense after the first. No ice storms, no giant sphere, no nomad and the there's insistence on bringing prophet back, who I'm sure killed himself at the beginning of the second..

I will play the third soon but I'm only just more interested in seeing what Chris Roberts can pull off with that engine at this point. Unless crytek actually opens up the enviroments again and go back to a game more along the original its not a game I'm going to rush out to play.

IRQ Conflict March 3, 2013 10:42 PM

Yes, apparently the nano suit in Crysis 2 is a miracle worker. It can somehow resurrect nearby consciences after you cap your own ass outside the suit. :blarg:

I'll just say that I'm glad I got it bargain binned on steam.

JD March 4, 2013 05:57 AM

I think the 3rd one relates back to the story a bit better than the 2nd one.

At the end of the game, be sure to carefully look where you are residing (in the final cut scene). I think that surely ties it all back together and of course, leaves it open for another.

And yes, "very high" settings on a U2711 with my GTX690 is absolutely amazing. Some of the cut scenes lagged for some reason, but actual gameplay was smooth. Definitely puts Crysis back on top as the most graphically intense game.