Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Oblivion

I'm having fun revisiting this great old game. Especially the mods. Any game that supports serious mod/map making is OK in my books!

I think I need to put it down for a while though, last night the wifey made me a salad and when I looked at what was in it I couldn't help but try and figure out what the alchemical properties might be.
Old March 2, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah Oblivion in one of my old favorites. I still have it installed, have been considering going back to it for a while now. Its a good game at stock but once you start adding mods....

I completely agree, a decently moddable game can elevate a game from good to great. I'm always saddened whenever games come out now purposefully locked against it. Imagine if Diablo3 had been moddable.
Old March 2, 2013, 05:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Try going back to Morrowind, running the Morrowind Mod for Oblivion or supposedly there is a Morrowind and Oblivion Mods for Skyrim.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Regrettably, I never played any ES games other than Oblivion.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:22 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Try going back to Morrowind, running the Morrowind Mod for Oblivion or supposedly there is a Morrowind and Oblivion Mods for Skyrim.
I've tried twice now and just can't enjoy myself. The overhaul mod runs awful even on GTX680 SLI. And the inferface is so dated.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've tried twice now and just can't enjoy myself. The overhaul mod runs awful even on GTX680 SLI. And the inferface is so dated.
Which version, Morrowind with the high res pack, Morrowind mod in Oblivion or Morrowind mod in Skyrim?

On another note I'd LOVE it if they released a remastered Morrowind like they did for Halo, truly one of my favourite games (Morrowind)
Old March 2, 2013, 07:50 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Which version, Morrowind with the high res pack, Morrowind mod in Oblivion or Morrowind mod in Skyrim?

On another note I'd LOVE it if they released a remastered Morrowind like they did for Halo, truly one of my favourite games (Morrowind)
I was referring to Morrowind w/ that huge overhaul available for it.
Old March 3, 2013, 10:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The one downfall of TES games is they're buggy. Kinda expected on these huge games. Once you get then running properly though, you can't put it down :)
Old March 3, 2013, 10:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
The one downfall of TES games is they're buggy. Kinda expected on these huge games. Once you get then running properly though, you can't put it down :)
It's also the fact that Morrowind that all their games have been developed for consoles and PORTED to PC, no native development