Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2013, 03:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Hey, I got the game last week and so far I'm liking it, other than the silly camera issue, I don't have to much of a problem with it.

Besides I like the finale ;) I ain't spoiling anything but holy crap is the final boss crazy....
Old March 17, 2013, 01:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

It's hard as heck. I'm stuck on Explody Shield guy. I'm a long-time MGS fan; although Rising is a drastically different direction, it's fun nonetheless... although I'm absolute garbage at it.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 17, 2013, 05:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It looks more interesting than I originally expected. When gets the the 20-30$ range I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not convinced I'll think it's worth full price. Besides I still haven't even opened my copy of Catherine.
Old March 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
It's hard as heck. I'm stuck on Explody Shield guy. I'm a long-time MGS fan; although Rising is a drastically different direction, it's fun nonetheless... although I'm absolute garbage at it.
Haha honestly he's not that bad, once you destroy his shield you get a checkpoint :P You should see the final boss ;)
Old March 25, 2013, 05:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

beating the game shall be my summertime task. That, and getting my own place.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 26, 2013, 07:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

This game was a blast. Being a massive fan of the Metal Gear franchise I was hesitant and skeptical when I learned that Hideo Kojima would be outsourcing to Platinum Entertainment to create the game, but the end product is fantastic.

Gameplay is slick, controls are tight, and graphics are sharp. The story is a little derivative, but Platinum managed to maintain much of the classic Metal Gear "charm" that made me fall in love with the franchise to begin with.

For those who are hesitant because of the short play-through time -- This does not include the 50+ VR missions (including the latest FREE DLC). Not to mention, this game has excellent replay value because there are heaps of unlockable weapons and skills to play with.

Yes the game is difficult, and it punishes you for not learning how the game is meant to be played (learn to parry!!!!! if you don't, beating the final boss will be impossible). This is very much in line with classic Metal Gear thinking -- if you try to run and gun in MGS2, your going to have a bad time.

Quick tip: all moves and combos can be found in the Help section of the start menu.

Last edited by Socrates_Johnston; March 26, 2013 at 07:11 AM.