Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   ARMA 3 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/59891-arma-3-a.html)

headsh0t February 26, 2013 07:29 AM

ARMA 3

The Arma 3 alpha is releasing on March 5th. Same day as Simcity release. It's available to anyone, but you have to buy into it. You get the full game on release though and it is a discounted price. I'm pretty stoked!

Arma 3 | Official Website

Here's some vids of some ingame footage so far:

Arma 3 - 'E3 2012 Sneak Preview' Trailer - YouTube

ARMA 3 GamesCom Presentation - YouTube

Arma 3 - 'Lighting Showcase' Trailer - YouTube

These are the recommended requirements:
Quote:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2300 / AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GTS 560 / AMD Radeon HD 7750
GPU MEMORY: 1 GB
DirectX®: 11
RAM: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 25 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA): 20 GB free space
AUDIO: DirectX® compatible soundcard
OTHER: Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

Hooded February 26, 2013 09:07 AM

Did they simplify the UI any?
Main reason I never enjoyed the game. Too Many different buttons to carry out actions.

headsh0t February 26, 2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooded (Post 692987)
Did they simplify the UI any?
Main reason I never enjoyed the game. Too Many different buttons to carry out actions.

I don't know I cant play it yet :P But yes, that was one of their goals is to streamline the interface while retaining all previous functions and adding new ones. At one time I wouldve agreed with you about ARMA2 but being used to it now theres really not a ton of controls you need to know. Also keep in mind this is a MilSim, not CoD or BF

supaflyx3 February 26, 2013 10:13 AM

Damn I don't get paid until after the alpha is released. Is there any speculation or annoucement on how long the alpha is?

sourthings March 2, 2013 08:07 AM

Thanks for this thread. I love ARMA 2 and didn't realize a preorder will get you in the Alpha for the third one.

In for a preorder! :clap:

PerryC March 2, 2013 06:09 PM

I'm don't even meet the minimum specs, so not even going to worry about getting it.

headsh0t March 4, 2013 04:07 PM

New videos incoming:

Arma 3 Alpha World Premiere 'Possibilities' Video - YouTube

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Movement & Shooting Tutorial - YouTube

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Gear & Weapons Customization Overview - YouTube

headsh0t March 5, 2013 05:37 AM

Arma 3 Alpha on Steam

It's out.

headsh0t March 5, 2013 11:13 PM

404Wasteland 1.0 For Arma3 (Buggy Edition) - News And Announcements - 404Games Community

The Wasteland mod has already shown up for Arma 3 Alpha after being out for 1 day. Maps from Arma 2 can also be imported and used for Arma 3. This is how game should be released theses days :thumb:

headsh0t March 7, 2013 11:05 AM

Arma 3 - Community Guide: Introduction - YouTube

Is no one else playing this? Cause this is really one of the best PC game launches I've ever seen. Stop complaining about Simcity and pick this up. Modding in an ALPHA?! That is unheard of. Play whenever you want Alpha, setup your own server Alpha, import almost anything from the previous game Alpha, get 3 invites for your friends Alpha, get a full game for half price Alpha. Srsly, why no one pay attention to this