Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2013, 03:48 AM
MVP
F@H

Default Anyone in the Neverwinter FTP MMO beta?

Curious if someone manage a beta key. I've applied for beta, but don't expect to get in. Release is shown as early 2013

Trailer - Graphics on these just keep getting better and better... While not real gameplay, I still have to admire what they're able to do with CGI these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARD3fGWElh4

A beta player explains some of the game mechanics and compares it to other games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j63xVR-PFOQ

TotalBiscuit's playthrough of the beta with a couple of the devs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY

Website: Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Free-to-Play MMO. Sign up for access!
Old February 21, 2013, 12:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This has piqued my interest. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure!
Old February 21, 2013, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know a few ppl that are in already, they like it. As a STO LTSer I will get a key for Beta
Alot of the features are going to be ported into STO, The foundry ( Player created missions) as well as the character creation screens. Combat from what I hear is VM like STO's ground combat ( surprise, surprise lol )
As with other Cryptic/PW games the chat is multi game so that is a very nice feature for Clans/guilds/fleets ect.
Only thing that has me worried is PW history of squeezing its playerbase for cash, looking at it's other bigname mmo's I am sure we will end up with lockboxs. No not a fan of lockboxs, I dont mind paying for a item but for a chance for a item not so much.
But again it is suppose tofollow STO's exchange formula so that would mean that any items in the store could potentially be bought via playtime (AkA grinding like a MOFO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 22, 2013, 02:00 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Only thing that has me worried is PW history of squeezing its playerbase for cash, looking at it's other bigname mmo's I am sure we will end up with lockboxs. No not a fan of lockboxs, I dont mind paying for a item but for a chance for a item not so much.
But again it is suppose tofollow STO's exchange formula so that would mean that any items in the store could potentially be bought via playtime (AkA grinding like a MOFO)
Good to know. Not fond of the idea either. The Mass Effect 3 RNG lottery was annoying. And I get so many Black Lion's Chest in GW2, I just toss them out now. GW 2 is the only MMO I've played so far, but I did like BioWare's Baldur's Gate and NeverWinter Nights series.
Old March 8, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well just played a bit made it to lvl10, I'll get some more time in later, Not to bad few things buggy, zoom for one isnt working and for me that suckz.
It is just the first few lvls mind you but pretty linear, I was hoping to do the tut and then just go do my own thing....... so far that isnt happening, start X quest, finish X quest go to next X quest. Hopefully it opens up into a more open world as I lvl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 30, 2014, 08:42 AM
Allstar

I've recently discovered this f2p on steam, and with friends it's actually fun, but keep in mind i'm the casual rpg type (I didn't like PoE and haven't tried Diablo3). Neverwinter impressed me with it's visuals and gameplay mechanics, and it seems sufficiently deep enough for loot hunters to be happy. I'm already level 20 after only about 10hrs total, but storylines seems to be all over the place.