Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Sony Press Conference (PS4) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/59786-sony-press-conference-ps4.html)

headsh0t February 20, 2013 04:12 PM

Sony Press Conference (PS4)

Live feed for the supposed PS4 announcement:

www.GameInformer.com

chrisk February 20, 2013 04:21 PM

x86 cpu in there...thats gotta be positive for PC gaming!

YukonTrooper February 20, 2013 04:44 PM

The Cell wasn't a hit with developers and it never was the revolution Sony hyped and hoped it to be. They also don't have the capital to try something like the Cell again and end up with another expensive failure.

Arinoth February 20, 2013 05:01 PM

Well if all the major consoles would go with a x86 pc then games can be designed in tandum and the settings (graphical details and controller/keyboard layout) would be the only major hurtles. Less shitty console ports may be in the future

SKYMTL February 20, 2013 06:24 PM

Well, that was interesting. No images of the system itself and more importantly, no indication of how content will be delivered.

YukonTrooper February 20, 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 691810)
Well if all the major consoles would go with a x86 pc then games can be designed in tandum and the settings (graphical details and controller/keyboard layout) would be the only major hurtles. Less shitty console ports may be in the future

Hopefully. Sony definitely went in the right direction with the processor. I imagine it had a lot to do with OS application development as well, considering a feature-rich console looks like what Sony is going for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 691834)
Well, that was interesting. No images of the system itself and more importantly, no indication of how content will be delivered.

And no price. But don't worry. I'm sure we'll get all that at E3, along with demonstrations of delivering massive damage to giant enemy crabs based on actual battles in historical Japan. Riiiiiiiiidge Racer we'll surely make an appearance as well.

On2wheels February 20, 2013 07:09 PM

I can't help but wonder what MS is doing with the ps4 system info and the time before their big reveal. Clearly sony wants to turn the tables and get the jump on the xbox this time.

JD February 20, 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 691834)

Thought I was just missing it in my quick skimming, guess not. That's rather disappointing as it's really the main defining feature between MS and Sony at this point if the XBOX rumours hold true. Spec wise they look to be largely the same systems.

ipaine February 20, 2013 08:41 PM

I got a question for people here. I have seen some of the people talking about the "sharing features" like sharing video in real time and screenshots and clips and such. Am I just old and getting completely out of it? I mean I just want to play the games.

Are people actually looking forward to all of these social/sharing features?

SKYMTL February 20, 2013 08:54 PM

I totally agree. HOWEVER, game streaming is the "new" thing. I know of some StarCraft matches that draw in over 2 million people for the live stream.

My issue with this presentation is a complete LACK of information about 4K compatibility or anything for that matter about its native output resolution. There's just no way a glossed over Pitcairn core is going to cut it....