Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love seeing articles like this one.

Talking 'The Witcher 3' With CD Projekt RED: Single-Player Only, DRM 'Worst Thing' In Video Game Industry - Forbes

Just more reasons why I like CDPR.

Old May 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
Rookie

So stoked!
Old June 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

E3 2013: The Witcher 3 Defines Next-Gen - IGN

Witcher 3 E3 Impressions. It's sounding like everything I hoped it would be. Skyrim with combat with depth, story and actual consequences? YEAH!!!!!
Old June 13, 2013, 04:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i count the days until this comes out
Old June 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah once this has a release date I think its one of the few that deserves my preorder. Its just so beautiful, and if they pull off the open world it will easily be one of the best games EVAR.
Old June 13, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And that game is why I have (well one of the reasons) decided to hold off on upgrading my machine now. Hopefully the 800 series or whatever they want to call them get released just before that game comes out, cause you know that it will just destroy systems, but it will look damn good while doing it.

Old June 14, 2013, 02:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Agreed. My system upgrade is waiting to see 2 games, this and Star Citizen, both which are designed to actually stress PCs. And by that time, even if I am spending more, the hardware will have surpassed the consoles.
Old June 14, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it got the IGN's E3 2013 People's Choice Award - IGN

Good for them. It really is the one game I am looking forward too.

Old June 14, 2013, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

I was looking over a list of the games discussed at E3 and really this is the only one that has my full attention. They definitely deserve the award.
Old June 18, 2013, 07:40 AM
Allstar

I really hope devs like CDPR can survive in the future, look at this quote from vg247.com:

Speaking with RPS Iwinski stressed that although making money is essential to a studio’s survival, the quality of games and the gamers themselves must always come first.

Iwiniski said, “But at the end of the day, the game [counts]–and not the money. Because the game will make the money if it’s good,” and added, “I think it’s in a way our trademark. People buy our games on day one because they trust us. And if we screw that up, it’s the end of the story pretty much.”

In the same interview Iwiniski added that all add-on content for the PC version of The Witcher 3 will be free. “It’s too early to talk specifics, but definitely all the DLCs and updates will be free,” Iwinski continued. “Of course, we’ll see what the platform holders will allow–what we can do for free [on next-gen consoles].

“I mean, there are different business models on consoles. From our standpoint, we’ll definitely do everything we can to deliver the same experience across all platforms.”