Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2013, 10:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Wildman

Wildman is a game from GasPoweredGames and Chris Taylors (Chris seems to be a common name for game devolpers), the creators of Supreme Commander. Its basically a blend of Diablo with RTS/Moba. Basically you explore and you do the entire loot/kill stuff and discover technology which is in essence your tech tree. But theres also a point where you go to war and your wildman isnt quite enough for the task and requires an army of sorts and thats where the RTS/Moba comes into play. You build barracks and set waypoints, and build a variety of units to combat your opponent. When you win you get to loot their technology.

As the Wildman you get a variety of powers as well, the ability to transform or "Polymorph" into different creatures is a main one.

This seems to be a do or die Kickstarter for GPG with the risk of them closing doors for good if it fails. The game concept appeals to me, and I hope it does to a few of you as well. The KS isnt doing very well at the moment, just under 50% with 7 days to go

Wildman: An "Evolutionary" Action RPG by Gas Powered Games ? Kickstarter

also of note the Open Source Death Star which is currently sitting at 1% Kickstarter Open Source Death Star by www.gnut.co.uk ? Kickstarter
Old February 8, 2013, 12:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

GPG also did Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 before selling the IP off. I hope this gets funded, I think these guys have great RPG and RTS experience and it will be interesting to see the combined product.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't forget he did Total Annihilation.

Ya I hope this gets funded and I put as much money as I was willing to put into it($85). I doubt it will.

This kickstarter has really humbled Chris and listening to him talk about it was very saddening as he says if this doesn't go through and no publisher gives him money than he will have to close gas powered games and create a much smaller company with most likely less talented people.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 8, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I've pledged as much as I can afford for the moment as well. I'm really hoping it is successful but I'm not holding much hope anymore. The strange thing is it has been up there in the popularity and everything but the pledges are just trickling in very slowly, KS seems to be in a bit of a slow period now. Maybe in the last couple days there might be enough of a bump and thats where all my remaining hope is lieing.

Chris Taylor has made some amazing games in the past, I will admit I've only played the more recent ones, have considered picking up Total Annihilation from GOG for a while, is Dungeon Siege worth while looking at for some older school fun?
Old February 8, 2013, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I want this game pretty badly

Never mind... They are focusing on single player, the only single player game I have been able to get through recently was Arkham City and that took me over a year.

Last edited by JJThomp; February 8, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old February 9, 2013, 01:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

Focusing on single player but there are plans for PvP in the future. While I would be disappointed if PVP wasn't in at launch, think this game actually has quite a bit of potential for it, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Old February 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sad news today, the KS has been cancelled. They are looking into other ways to keep going though so best of luck to them, I do hope they find what they need to keep going.