Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Hawken’s PhysX Abilities Demonstrated in New Video (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/59414-hawken-s-physx-abilities-demonstrated-new-video.html)

SKYMTL January 30, 2013 07:27 AM

Hawken’s PhysX Abilities Demonstrated in New Video

Hawken is a free to play mech combat game which boasts stunning visuals and includes a healthy dose of NVIDIA’s PhysX technology.

Read (and watch) more here: Hawken?s PhysX Abilities Demonstrated in New Video | Hardware Canucks

jibz January 30, 2013 08:08 AM

Alot of the effects seem way overdone. It would be nicer to see it used in moderation instead. Not everything in the game needs the same overly dense particle effect.

Slik January 30, 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 687440)
Alot of the effects seem way overdone. It would be nicer to see it used in moderation instead. Not everything in the game needs the same overly dense particle effect.

Yes it does.

dandelioneater January 30, 2013 08:49 AM

I thought that the explosions from mechs blowing up looked good, but everything else was a little bit overdone .

SKYMTL January 30, 2013 09:18 AM

It's a GAME. Geeze....

IRQ Conflict January 30, 2013 10:02 AM

It's a pity AMD doesn't do more of this type of thing with Havoc. I have seen some pretty impressive things done with it. But it matters not if it is not implemented. What is stopping AMD from doing a similar thing with the developers of this game I wonder? Surely the are able to fund such an endeavor.

headsh0t January 30, 2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 687455)
It's a GAME. Geeze....

People can't have opinions because it's just a game? Why is this news worthy then? Nvidia simply paid the devs to add in a showcase feature for Physx, like with many other titles in the past. A lot of the swirling particle animations looked the same to me even, I thought they were supposed to be simulated.

muse108dc January 30, 2013 11:47 AM

I'm sorry but I really dislike physx. I see no reason at all why AMD cards couldn't run the same code except for the fact that nvidia is being a pain. I don't entirely understand how they are preventing it to be honest.

gpus should be relatively dumb, just running the code that is fed to them, its not like this is arm vs x86

SKYMTL January 30, 2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 687478)
People can't have opinions because it's just a game? Why is this news worthy then? Nvidia simply paid the devs to add in a showcase feature for Physx, like with many other titles in the past. A lot of the swirling particle animations looked the same to me even, I thought they were supposed to be simulated.

I am saying that it doesn't have to be realistic to be in a game. :thumb:

Hacksaw907 January 30, 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 687440)

My opinion too.