Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2013, 08:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Hauppauge PVR 2 "Gaming Edition" problems

Alright so, I've been having a problem with my video capture device ever since I got it.

When ever I play my PS3 and try recording it, the TV flashes (as in it goes black for a second then reappears) this happens every 5 seconds around and it's annoying. I noted that when I play a game that's 1080 pixels (Plants vs Zombies for example) the flashes only happen once every minute or two, while if I play Street Fighter Third Strike online a 720 pixels game, it happens every 5 seconds.

I've updated the drivers to the latest version (directly from the support page website.) I've contacted them and they agreed to a RMA, however once I got their new one, it still does the same thing.

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with this?

Currently the PS3 Display Settings is on 1080i (uses Component cables, thanks to HDCP protection...) and it's plugged to a Playstation Display (it costed me 300$ for a very beautiful display)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the flashing? The support team doesn't seem to know what the problem is either.
Old January 13, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

so what port using for Playstation Display also check sony moniter firmware is up to date
Old January 17, 2013, 09:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

The port I'm using for it is the Components (Green, Red and Blue). Since the PS3 is equipped with a HDCP, it cannot use HDMI for video capturing.

Also I don't think the Playstation Display gets updates, it's just a display nothing else.

Well this is the setup

The Device has 4 ports (HDMI IN, HDMI OUT, Component and USB)

HDMI IN is for anything but the PS3.

HDMI OUT is for the TV

Component is for the PS3

USB is to plug it to a computer

PS3 must be plugged to the Component port on the device and the device will use the HDMI OUT in order to display the console, the USB is connected to my Home Server computer, with the latest drivers for the device.