Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2012, 08:01 PM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 644

My System Specs

Default Firefall: An open world mmo-style FPS

Anybody here playing Firefall? If you are add me to friend under the name Bayya

Firefall is a open world FPS that is now in beta phase 1. You can apply for a beta invite or buy your way in via a founder package for $20, $50 or $100.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, it's fairly fast paced as it tries to imitate Quake like game play(still not quite as fast). The open world objectives and quest are very much like guildwars 2 and PvP is fairly fun.

Right now I'm with a group of friends prospecting terrain and dropping thumpers which start a dynamic event where you defend your thumper as it mines for resources to craft stuff with. I have no idea what to craft or what I can craft yet but I'm enjoying it.

And the CEO left Blizzard's World of Warcraft Team Lead position to start this game.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
Anybody here playing Firefall? If you are add me to friend under the name Bayya

Firefall is a open world FPS that is now in beta phase 1. You can apply for a beta invite or buy your way in via a founder package for $20, $50 or $100.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, it's fairly fast paced as it tries to imitate Quake like game play(still not quite as fast). The open world objectives and quest are very much like guildwars 2 and PvP is fairly fun.

Right now I'm with a group of friends prospecting terrain and dropping thumpers which start a dynamic event where you defend your thumper as it mines for resources to craft stuff with. I have no idea what to craft or what I can craft yet but I'm enjoying it.

And the CEO left Blizzard's World of Warcraft Team Lead position to start this game.
Already a thread on this and welcome to 9 months ago :P

I've been playing since around April.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2012, 08:28 PM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 644

My System Specs

Default

I likes it
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2012, 11:07 PM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,565

My System Specs

Default

Haven't played in a long while. I'll probably wait until closer to release to play again.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2012, 07:31 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Haven't played in a long while. I'll probably wait until closer to release to play again.
The game has changed A LOT since you last played. I say try it now.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
Dar_ell's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vaughan,Ontario
Posts: 501

My System Specs

Default

I'm really liking it, but im told in zone chat there is no fast travel system (I hope thats wrong). I'm having really fun with a group of friends!
__________________
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2012, 07:20 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,320

My System Specs

Default

I enjoyed the 30 minutes I got to play before work called then the wife and kids now making dinner the back to killing the assault class is fun :)
__________________
Follow us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/realhardwarereviews?ref=hl
Site and Forum online
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 644

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar_ell View Post
I'm really liking it, but im told in zone chat there is no fast travel system (I hope thats wrong). I'm having really fun with a group of friends!
There is no fast travel system but I have no problem clearing the map quickly and meeting friends anywhere. The game isn't as massive as it's first impression.

Portable glider pads and LGVs are your friend.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
There is no fast travel system but I have no problem clearing the map quickly and meeting friends anywhere. The game isn't as massive as it's first impression.

Portable glider pads and LGVs are your friend.
LGV and red bean glider pads are essentially quick travel. but the map right now is so small its not needed.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old January 23, 2013, 10:42 AM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,565

My System Specs

Default

This weekend starting on the 25th they're opening the beta to the public.

Beta Weekend January 25th ? January 27th | | Free Online Multiplayer FPS | Firefall the GameFree Online Multiplayer FPS | Firefall the Game
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firefall Beta thorn Gaming 18 August 12, 2012 03:16 PM
FireFall (team-based action shooter) Munn Gaming 5 November 19, 2010 09:39 PM
PAX 2010: Firefall - MMOFPS What? FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 16 September 8, 2010 05:26 AM
[WTB] Bay style reservoir! Sniper Buy/Sell & Trade 3 November 28, 2008 04:07 PM
Help with OC'ing old school style Tazer-[X] Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 19 August 17, 2008 10:24 PM