Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Firefall: An open world mmo-style FPS (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/58402-firefall-open-world-mmo-style-fps.html)

jibz December 7, 2012 08:01 PM

Firefall: An open world mmo-style FPS

Anybody here playing Firefall? If you are add me to friend under the name Bayya

Firefall is a open world FPS that is now in beta phase 1. You can apply for a beta invite or buy your way in via a founder package for $20, $50 or $100.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, it's fairly fast paced as it tries to imitate Quake like game play(still not quite as fast). The open world objectives and quest are very much like guildwars 2 and PvP is fairly fun.

Right now I'm with a group of friends prospecting terrain and dropping thumpers which start a dynamic event where you defend your thumper as it mines for resources to craft stuff with. I have no idea what to craft or what I can craft yet but I'm enjoying it.

And the CEO left Blizzard's World of Warcraft Team Lead position to start this game. :whistle:

enaberif December 7, 2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 676330)
Anybody here playing Firefall? If you are add me to friend under the name Bayya

Firefall is a open world FPS that is now in beta phase 1. You can apply for a beta invite or buy your way in via a founder package for $20, $50 or $100.

So far I'm really enjoying the game, it's fairly fast paced as it tries to imitate Quake like game play(still not quite as fast). The open world objectives and quest are very much like guildwars 2 and PvP is fairly fun.

Right now I'm with a group of friends prospecting terrain and dropping thumpers which start a dynamic event where you defend your thumper as it mines for resources to craft stuff with. I have no idea what to craft or what I can craft yet but I'm enjoying it.

And the CEO left Blizzard's World of Warcraft Team Lead position to start this game. :whistle:

Already a thread on this and welcome to 9 months ago :P

I've been playing since around April.

jibz December 7, 2012 08:28 PM

I likes it :bleh:

headsh0t December 7, 2012 11:07 PM

Haven't played in a long while. I'll probably wait until closer to release to play again.

enaberif December 8, 2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 676372)
Haven't played in a long while. I'll probably wait until closer to release to play again.

The game has changed A LOT since you last played. I say try it now.

Dar_ell December 8, 2012 06:37 PM

I'm really liking it, but im told in zone chat there is no fast travel system (I hope thats wrong). I'm having really fun with a group of friends!

Soullessone21 December 8, 2012 07:20 PM

I enjoyed the 30 minutes I got to play before work called then the wife and kids now making dinner the back to killing the assault class is fun :)

jibz December 8, 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar_ell (Post 676504)
I'm really liking it, but im told in zone chat there is no fast travel system (I hope thats wrong). I'm having really fun with a group of friends!

There is no fast travel system but I have no problem clearing the map quickly and meeting friends anywhere. The game isn't as massive as it's first impression.

Portable glider pads and LGVs are your friend.

enaberif December 8, 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 676516)
There is no fast travel system but I have no problem clearing the map quickly and meeting friends anywhere. The game isn't as massive as it's first impression.

Portable glider pads and LGVs are your friend.

LGV and red bean glider pads are essentially quick travel. but the map right now is so small its not needed.

headsh0t January 23, 2013 10:42 AM

This weekend starting on the 25th they're opening the beta to the public.

Beta Weekend January 25th ? January 27th | | Free Online Multiplayer FPS | Firefall the GameFree Online Multiplayer FPS | Firefall the Game