Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 01:18 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Cool Far Cry 3 PC video stuttering.

Here's my specs i7 3770 @3.4, R7970 Lightning Editions x2, 16GB of RAM 1600, ASrock Extreme 4 Z77, and res. 1920 by 1080. So when I fully max out the game I'm getting around ~40 - 60 fps which is ok. Now there is also some extreme micro-stuttering even when I disable crossfire mode the game still micro-stutters. I know it's not my hardware that can't play the game, does anybody else have these kinds of issues with Far Cry 3 PC? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
IRQ Conflict's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drayton Valley, AB
Posts: 1,557

My System Specs

Default

Not sure. But It may be a similar issue that had ATI users pulling their hair out with FC2. Had to either run in DX9 mode instead of DX10. Or edit the inf to force a cap limit to 30FPS. You may want to try the cap limit trick if you can.

Edit: Try this driver as well. Be sure to remove your old driver in control panel, resart in safe mode and use a tool such as Driver Sweeper to clean any remnants and registry entries up. Restart in normal mode and install the new driver.

I also read that you can select render ahead settings. Try setting to 2 or 3. If that doesn't help put it back to the default. Hope you get it sorted out!

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; December 5, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 02:28 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Not sure. But It may be a similar issue that had ATI users pulling their hair out with FC2. Had to either run in DX9 mode instead of DX10. Or edit the inf to force a cap limit to 30FPS. You may want to try the cap limit trick if you can.

Edit: Try this driver as well. Be sure to remove your old driver in control panel, resart in safe mode and use a tool such as Driver Sweeper to clean any remnants and registry entries up. Restart in normal mode and install the new driver.

I also read that you can select render ahead settings. Try setting to 2 or 3. If that doesn't help put it back to the default. Hope you get it sorted out!
Thanks for showing me this, but I already have downloaded this driver and it has improved my fps by a bit. I think this game is going need to serious patches before the game really picks up for PC players.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 02:43 PM
IRQ Conflict's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drayton Valley, AB
Posts: 1,557

My System Specs

Default

I don't want to sound like a downer, but they never did fix FC2 either. Just had to work with what ATI and Ubi gave us. But you should still be able to get the stuttering under control. Might take an obscure tweak down the road.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:09 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
I don't want to sound like a downer, but they never did fix FC2 either. Just had to work with what ATI and Ubi gave us. But you should still be able to get the stuttering under control. Might take an obscure tweak down the road.
Yeah I know FC 2 has problems even on nVidia cards too, there aren't as many as there are on FC 3. I'm not enjoying the game through micro-stuttering. This is one of the few games I have that even micro-stutters which is crazy. Thank goodness I got it for free :D.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
wirerogue's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 139

My System Specs

Default

do you have the lastest Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 drivers and 12.11 CAP2 installed?

appears to be a requirement.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 05:30 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirerogue View Post
do you have the lastest Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 drivers and 12.11 CAP2 installed?

appears to be a requirement.
Yeah I installed them my frame rates have increased by quite a bit now they need to figure out the multiGPU support. For the microstuttering issue.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 5, 2012, 06:10 PM
BeaverBender's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 260

My System Specs

Default

No problems on my dual gtx 580 lightnings for Far Cry 3... Never had any on Far Cry 2 either. I'm running at 2560x1600. The visuals on this are amazing... So far it gets my game of the year.
__________________
Creationists make it sound like a ‘theory’ is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night — Isaac Asimov
All thinking men are atheists — Ernest Hemingway
Faith means not wanting to know what is true — Friedrich Nietzsche


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 6, 2012, 09:54 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,054

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
No problems on my dual gtx 580 lightnings for Far Cry 3... Never had any on Far Cry 2 either. I'm running at 2560x1600. The visuals on this are amazing... So far it gets my game of the year.
It is running great on my dual 580's as well, and yea it looks great and so far I have really been enjoying it.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 7, 2012, 08:33 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hell
Posts: 3,828
Default

My gtx590 hydrocopper is stuttering like a bastard. Don't touch the mouse and just move forward and it is like he lurches every half second or so, FPS is pinned at 60.
Did the no post effects fix too. Helped the fps but still seems off.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Micro Stuttering lelionmoddeur Video Cards 4 September 29, 2012 02:32 PM
Possible Stuttering Fix at a loss Ash Troubleshooting 9 December 21, 2010 12:51 PM
Stuttering in games phantom_jo Troubleshooting 5 November 14, 2010 04:16 PM
Computer stuttering DragonFlame Troubleshooting 22 August 14, 2009 08:12 AM
New rebuild, OS stuttering howettl Troubleshooting 26 July 17, 2008 08:58 PM