Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Questions: Battlefield 4 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/58165-questions-battlefield-4-a.html)

Chess Gator November 28, 2012 02:48 AM

Questions: Battlefield 4
 
Hi,

EA has advised they will be coming out with BF4 in the the 3Q - 2013 and the game will be written for "next generation machines". They have not stated what hardware will be required to run the game at Ultra settings.

Do any of you gaming hardware pundits have an idea of what "next generation machine" means to run at Ultra-settings?

I am wondering how much upgrading I should plan to do then, rather than upgrade now and be out of date in 3Q.

Thank you,

CG

supaflyx3 November 28, 2012 03:23 AM

No one knows. But chances are you'll need at least a 670 & i5 to run at ultra settings.

implosion222 November 28, 2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 673923)
No one knows. But chances are you'll need at least a 670 & i5 to run at ultra settings.



Coming from a huge Battlefield franchise fan I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to that game at all. They're gonna have to step up their game to make it worth while for people.

snoosebum November 28, 2012 08:29 AM

I would assume by 'next generation machine' they mean XBOX 720 and playstation 4.

headsh0t November 28, 2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoosebum (Post 673964)
I would assume by 'next generation machine' they mean XBOX 720 and playstation 4.

This.

Also agree with Implosion, they need to step it up if they want me to play BF4. I've already stopped playing BF3, even after buying premium :S It's just not fun anymore. Planetside 2 is what I've always thought Battlefield series should be - a massive map with more of a true 'war' feel to it.

Bungwirez November 28, 2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 673977)
Planetside 2 is what I've always thought Battlefield series should be - a massive map with more of a true 'war' feel to it.

And This ^^ :thumb:

SKYMTL November 28, 2012 11:52 AM

And what exactly happens if the next generation consoles don't offer significant graphics upgrades over the current generation? Let's be honest here; anything less than a fivefold increase in horsepower will be a major disappointment. Why? Because these are the consoles that will be around when 4K and stereo 3D become mainstream.

As it stands, the current generation of consoles can barely push 720P @ 60Hz let alone the 1080P @ 120Hz or 240Hz necessary for headache-free 3D.

The same thing goes for 4K; all of today's console games are simply scaled 720P (0.9 megapixel) titles. They'd simply shit their pants when trying to display @ 40962160 or 8.8 megapixels. Sony and MS won't be able to pull the same "upscaling" crap this time around since the move from 1080P to 2160P is quite extreme and can't simply be passed off like 720P to 1080P was.

JJThomp November 28, 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 674005)
And what exactly happens if the next generation consoles don't offer significant graphics upgrades over the current generation? Let's be honest here; anything less than a fivefold increase in horsepower will be a major disappointment. Why? Because these are the consoles that will be around when 4K and stereo 3D become mainstream.

As it stands, the current generation of consoles can barely push 720P @ 60Hz let alone the 1080P @ 120Hz or 240Hz necessary for headache-free 3D.

The same thing goes for 4K; all of today's console games are simply scaled 720P (0.9 megapixel) titles. They'd simply shit their pants when trying to display @ 40962160 or 8.8 megapixels. Sony and MS won't be able to pull the same "upscaling" crap this time around since the move from 1080P to 2160P is quite extreme and can't simply be passed off like 720P to 1080P was.

Well the Wii U is quite a bit more powerful than the previous generation of systems but is still no where near powerful enough to run 4k res. I would expect the next gen sony and microsoft offerings to be much more powerful than the Wii U though however the Wii is apparently running on a chipset based on 5000 series graphics so it isn't even using GCN. Even if playstation and Xbox are using 6000 series they are going to struggle at 8.8 megapixels.

supaflyx3 November 28, 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by implosion222 (Post 673961)
Coming from a huge Battlefield franchise fan I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to that game at all. They're gonna have to step up their game to make it worth while for people.

Very much so, I won't be buying BF4 unless they have something that blows BF3 out of the water, or at least make it a true successor to BF2.

Phill November 28, 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

or at least make it a true successor to BF2.
THIS ^ I dare to dream this is possible... and then I slap myself bc I doubt it will ever happen.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.