Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2012, 07:29 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Default What DPI (mouse) Settings do you use?

I am curious to hear what you guys use for your DPI setting on your mouse?

Whether you are clicking headshots, strategy gaming or regular desktop use, what are your DPI settings?

I have had my beloved G9 from logitech for almost 3 years and love everything about it, and have my DPI settings always at 800, and bump it up in-game when it automatically decreases in vehicles for eg.

So I find it difficult to justify 8200 DPI censors, since I cannot find a single practical reason when that would ever be useful, so why make them?

What are your thoughts?
Old November 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
MVP

I use 1800 dpi @ 1000hz polling on my razer abyssus for Starcraft. I got used to it and use it for everything else.
If you have a lot of things to do, the less you have to move, the faster you can get it done. But you don't want to overdo it to the point it's TOO sensitive.
Old November 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well if I am playing a sniper I have it to the least setting so that I don't miss but usually low -med settings better for head shows and accuracy in general
Old November 24, 2012, 06:23 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
I use 1800 dpi @ 1000hz polling on my razer abyssus for Starcraft. I got used to it and use it for everything else.
If you have a lot of things to do, the less you have to move, the faster you can get it done. But you don't want to overdo it to the point it's TOO sensitive.
I guess you just have to get used to it, with the 1800 DPI. I'm pretty content with 800 but will explore the settings throughout the range it offers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Well if I am playing a sniper I have it to the least setting so that I don't miss but usually low -med settings better for head shows and accuracy in general
Yes, snipining indeed is more accurate with lower settings. I liked Corsair M60 mouse especially for that, on the fly DPI decrease with the red snipe button. Really useful!
Old November 25, 2012, 12:13 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

My mouse does 4000, but I pretty much stick to 1500.
Old November 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

800 DPI for FPS, 300-400 DPI for sniping, 2000 DPI for normal desktop use. At 1000hz.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

For ordinary desktop work I keep my mouse at 3000dpi. I have 3 monitors and like to be able to move the pointer across all three with just a couple centimeters of movement, so 3000dpi does the job. Usually when I tell someone about that they think I couldn't have any amount of precision at that sensitivity, but I've been doing this for a couple of years and can easily nagivate around spreadsheets, menus and web forms a that sensitivity.

For most types of games I also leave it at 3000, however for online FPS switch it up a bit. For sniping I lower it down to 2000. For highly aggressive close range play with a kinfe or shotgun I turn it up to 4500. For standard run and gun style tactics I just stick with 3000.
Old November 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Wow, quite the range we've got here! Good to hear :D I am also trying out the highest sensitivity of Level 10, which is an insane 8200 DPI setting...its actually quite unmanageable, and really funny to watch my roomates struggle to use the desktop! LOL
Old November 26, 2012, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Since I have the Storm Sentinal, I have mine custom set to each game. And I just cycle through them as games permit. Though I use high settings like you do in WoT as that helps me be more percise with my shots.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 26, 2012, 09:03 PM

My System Specs

1600dpi 24/7.

Tags
censor , dpi , gaming , mouse , settings