Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   What DPI (mouse) Settings do you use? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/58068-what-dpi-mouse-settings-do-you-use.html)

Dmitry November 23, 2012 08:29 PM

What DPI (mouse) Settings do you use?

I am curious to hear what you guys use for your DPI setting on your mouse?

Whether you are clicking headshots, strategy gaming or regular desktop use, what are your DPI settings?

I have had my beloved G9 from logitech for almost 3 years and love everything about it, and have my DPI settings always at 800, and bump it up in-game when it automatically decreases in vehicles for eg.

So I find it difficult to justify 8200 DPI censors, since I cannot find a single practical reason when that would ever be useful, so why make them?

What are your thoughts?

YoungMan November 23, 2012 09:26 PM

I use 1800 dpi @ 1000hz polling on my razer abyssus for Starcraft. I got used to it and use it for everything else.
If you have a lot of things to do, the less you have to move, the faster you can get it done. But you don't want to overdo it to the point it's TOO sensitive.

Shadowmeph November 23, 2012 10:56 PM

Well if I am playing a sniper I have it to the least setting so that I don't miss but usually low -med settings better for head shows and accuracy in general

Dmitry November 24, 2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungMan (Post 673007)
I use 1800 dpi @ 1000hz polling on my razer abyssus for Starcraft. I got used to it and use it for everything else.
If you have a lot of things to do, the less you have to move, the faster you can get it done. But you don't want to overdo it to the point it's TOO sensitive.

I guess you just have to get used to it, with the 1800 DPI. I'm pretty content with 800 but will explore the settings throughout the range it offers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 673028)
Well if I am playing a sniper I have it to the least setting so that I don't miss but usually low -med settings better for head shows and accuracy in general

Yes, snipining indeed is more accurate with lower settings. I liked Corsair M60 mouse especially for that, on the fly DPI decrease with the red snipe button. Really useful!

Dr_BenD_over November 25, 2012 01:13 PM

My mouse does 4000, but I pretty much stick to 1500.

supaflyx3 November 25, 2012 02:53 PM

800 DPI for FPS, 300-400 DPI for sniping, 2000 DPI for normal desktop use. At 1000hz.

Arundor November 25, 2012 04:25 PM

For ordinary desktop work I keep my mouse at 3000dpi. I have 3 monitors and like to be able to move the pointer across all three with just a couple centimeters of movement, so 3000dpi does the job. Usually when I tell someone about that they think I couldn't have any amount of precision at that sensitivity, but I've been doing this for a couple of years and can easily nagivate around spreadsheets, menus and web forms a that sensitivity.

For most types of games I also leave it at 3000, however for online FPS switch it up a bit. For sniping I lower it down to 2000. For highly aggressive close range play with a kinfe or shotgun I turn it up to 4500. For standard run and gun style tactics I just stick with 3000.

Dmitry November 25, 2012 09:45 PM

Wow, quite the range we've got here! Good to hear :D I am also trying out the highest sensitivity of Level 10, which is an insane 8200 DPI setting...its actually quite unmanageable, and really funny to watch my roomates struggle to use the desktop! LOL

Soultribunal November 26, 2012 09:35 PM

Since I have the Storm Sentinal, I have mine custom set to each game. And I just cycle through them as games permit. Though I use high settings like you do in WoT as that helps me be more percise with my shots.

-ST

lowfat November 26, 2012 10:03 PM

1600dpi 24/7.