Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Origin account got hacked!! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/57764-origin-account-got-hacked.html)

Killswitch November 8, 2012 04:00 PM

Origin account got hacked!!

Hey everyone. My Origin account got hacked today. I received an email stating..... "Your email address has been successfully changed. Please be sure to use your updated email the next time you log in to Origin. If you did not request this change, or if you have reason to believe your account has been compromised, please contact Origin Help for immediate assistance."

I have three games linked to Origin. BF3, NFS The Run, and Crysis 2. I almost bought MOH Warfighter the other day but decided to wait a bit. (I have other games to finish still)

Anyhow, sure enough I couldn't log in. I tried to recover my password but I didn't receive any emails. After hearing and reading about horror stories like this I thought I was screwed!! My wife found EA's phone number for me and within 15 minutes I was good to go. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get my account back. Quick and painless.

THANKS EA SUPPORT!!!!!!! :clap:

By the way.... It was hacked by a russian. User name was vovkolak2.

SKYMTL November 8, 2012 05:22 PM

I have to agree. EA has some great customer support for Origin. Had an issue with an MOH: Warfighter download code and they straightened it out for me in under 10 minutes.

Needless to say, whenever I can, I now use product keys on Origin rather than Steam.

botat29 November 8, 2012 06:49 PM

I was hacked also be an admin on a website where I was using the same username and password as my Origin, how stupid I was , I have no proof of course, but it was the only forum I use the same password and username, and the funny thing when EA fix the mess, the admin ask me if I still play BF3

EA support is great, when I purchase my second BF3 for my son, I purchase it with the same account, ( forget to clean the cache ) they right away cancel and refund me so I can use it with another account,

supaflyx3 November 8, 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 669541)
I have to agree. EA has some great customer support for Origin. Had an issue with an MOH: Warfighter download code and they straightened it out for me in under 10 minutes.

Needless to say, whenever I can, I now use product keys on Origin rather than Steam.

This is true if you call in, although if you use the web support its completely useless.

Arinoth November 8, 2012 08:24 PM

Still better then Steam/Valves' piss poor customer service.. I still have a ticket open with them 1.5+ years later.

headsh0t November 8, 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 669596)
This is true if you call in, although if you use the web support its completely useless.

Web support is absolutely terrible.

botat29 November 8, 2012 09:00 PM

Witch Web support ? I have good results with the chat.

SKYMTL November 8, 2012 09:07 PM

At least Origin actually gives you a chance to talk to a real person in a VERY short timeframe. That's all I ask for.

Killswitch November 8, 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 669616)
At least Origin actually gives you a chance to talk to a real person in a VERY short timeframe. That's all I ask for.

Exactly! I don't think Steam even has a phone number to call, do they??

SKYMTL November 8, 2012 09:26 PM

The people that run Steam want to avoid phones in every possible way. That would open them up to....you know....responsibility.