Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2012, 04:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've always enjoyed the games, some of the story line in a few were a bit weak but always great gameplay for the trilogy + reach (ODST does not exist to me). The novels and Forward Unto Dawn did a nice little bridge between Halo 3 and Halo 4 and what I've played so far in single player is an interesting/engaging story so far.
Old November 7, 2012, 06:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm having good fun with it. The single player is great. Won't try out multiplayer until I finish getting through this. The third level was my favorite so far.
Old November 8, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

my feelings about this game. dont really care? I think anyways. I'm just surprised Microsoft isnt moving this to the PC with Windows 8 at all.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:38 AM
MVP

As a HUGE Halo fan myself I must say that the storyline was good. However it did not "feel" like Halo that much at all.

All of the Halo games ( with the exception of Halo wars.....what a turd that was ) are excellent games though regardless. ( That INCLUDES ODST Arinoth. Tsk Tsk!!! )

I went for the Limited Package and got it at my local Gamestop at the Midnight Launch.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old November 8, 2012, 05:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I never read the novels or anything, so I feel like some of the goings ons are not explained as well as they should be in-game.

I actually thought it felt a little too much like the other Halo games. The first bit of the game felt a bit fresh and different, but by the mid-point of mission 4 Master Chief is right back into the thick of it again. With Halo 3's ending they could have taken this story anywhere they wanted. A little disappointed on where they decided to go with it. I guess when you're investing this much money into something you have to play it safe.

The art direction of the game is phenomenal. I find myself just looking around at everything during the quiet moments and taking it all in. Great atmosphere.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:11 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Is it just me or do the trailers have a very "Avatar" feel to them? Does this hold true for the actual game as well? I'm actually thinking of picking this up, if nothing else just for the graphics.

Old November 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just finished this today. WOW

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old November 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't finished the campaign yet but I have to suay the multiplayer is a lot of fun. I'm really liking big team slayer. If anyone want to add me feel free. Gamer tag is "bc4wheeler".
Old November 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Tempted to buy a xbox just to play this and previous halo releases after seeing the halo 4 ad......
Why buy an XBox? The PC you have, should run the game just fine.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Slik, you are clearly not aware that Halo franchise, other then Halo 1 and 2 are a microsoft console exclusive, no PC version