Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default The War Z

anyone picking this up? The War Z: The Survivor MMO Zombie Game coming to you this fall! I know zombies are being done with everything lately but i don't care i'll play zombies all day everyday lol..This game is right down my alley.Everyone keeps saying well its just another Dayz,but i never played days cause i don't have arma.Its just a one time buy,no subcribtions,free updates and maps,not ranks or nothing which keeps everyone on the same playin level kinda.I'm gonna lose a few hrs of my life in this one i think haha.
Old October 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
Allstar

I hope to be in the closed beta starting next week, will let you know how it looks, but I'm into this more than DayZ, for sure.
Old October 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

DayZ standalone is supposedly out in November. I'm waiting till then to decide as the new DayZ engine is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better.
Old October 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
Allstar

As long as its not as broken as Arma Crap. This day and age, Still being able to stick a hand of leg through a wall...So many reasons why i didnt jump on the Arma Mod.

Hope this is better.
Old October 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
Allstar

JUst thought of something, Dindnt look for a answer yet, BUT If you kill another member, Do you get their Gold/$$ too?
Old October 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If they have it on their persons i believe so.
Old October 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
JUst thought of something, Dindnt look for a answer yet, BUT If you kill another member, Do you get their Gold/$$ too?
from the looks of this video you can The War Z - First PVP Footage - YouTube
Old October 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
As long as its not as broken as Arma Crap. This day and age, Still being able to stick a hand of leg through a wall...So many reasons why i didnt jump on the Arma Mod.

Hope this is better.
from what I understand, these graphical glitches aren't actually in ARMA itself; something implemented/removed in the mod is causing these errors.

is that correct? (this is what I've heard from my friend who plays dayz). I'm just kinda curious.
Old October 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Dayz is based on a pretty rediculously detailed engine, theres a ton of code the modders needed to go through to get it to where it is, and both games are still in alpha so to complain about it now is kind of useless, wait till it releases to hate on it.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old October 28, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

explains alot about the game and what you can do The War Z Developer Commentary - YouTube