Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
Allstar

Supa and Head Must be stuck at the Hip... 1 Post then the other...
Old December 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
Supa and Head Must be stuck at the Hip... 1 Post then the other...
Goddamnit, our cover is blown. But srsly, didn't it cost you real money to create a clan?

And Enab, I don't mind the "buy tha Alpha, and play now and get full release copy" things, but when you mislead consumers to thinking it is a full game with features it doesn't have yet then that is clearly false advertisement. The same kind of thing happened with the game Towns! on Steam. It was Greenlit while still in Alpha but nowhere on the Steam page did it say people were buying into an Alpha.

Last edited by headsh0t; December 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old December 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
Allstar

The War Z Removed From Steam [UPDATE: Valve Calls Release 'A Mistake']
Old December 19, 2012, 01:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Nice try Valve! Even the developers were claiming it was supposed to be released.

Once again, they don't properly vet a game before putting it onto their service. Disgraceful.
Old December 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Allstar

Honest Though, Im a little upset with the Game, I was 1 of the thousands Banned Then i got my account back with a shit letter saying "were sry, Here 1K gold coins to cover the 5 days of down time"

I will 100% check out DayZ when it launches.

BUT In Alpha the game was fun, Before Hackers figured out that No anti-cheat was active.

The servers with 100 players have 25 Hackers in them, Guess the outcome.

Sorry Headshot and supaflyx3, I had to say it
Old December 20, 2012, 07:24 AM
Allstar

All this drama, what that's saying about any publicity...?
Quote:
DayZ developer responds to ‘depressing’ War Z controversy
by Dave Cook
DayZ creator Dean Hall has responded to The War Z being pulled from Steam, developer Hammerpoint Games butting heads with gamers over the title’s Steam descriptor, supposedly copy-pasting images from the Walking Dead TV show and charging players for respawns. It’s been a hell of a week for the undead.

Over on the DayZ Reddit, Hall responded to The War Z issue, “I know I have been very quiet lately. So this will be really all I’ll say for the moment. I’ve been pretty depressed about the whole situation. From a personal standpoint, this whole “saga” of the development made me seriously question if I wanted to be involved in the industry and I gave serious thought to cutting my losses and not being involved in the project.

“At my Army Discharge medical this week, they noted I now have high blood pressure. Some things in life just aren’t worth worrying about. I’ve been getting hammered by a massive amount with requests for information about DayZ release, interviews and my reactions to this and stuff and such – but for my own sanity I retreated and have kept to myself.

“Right now I’m just at home doing bits and pieces on the DayZ development. The rest of the DayZ team is doing the same. I realize that I went back on my word about releasing an update, but went back into my shell for a bit last week, and I’ll come out when the dust is all settled.”
Old December 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
Allstar

I cant see WarZ Being around much longer.
Old December 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I watched a few videos on Youtube and it is absolutely shocking how bad the game looks and plays.

Personally, I put equal blame on the developers AND Valve in this case. For shit's sake, Steam takes a cut of ~25% from the sale of each game. Unlike Apple, the obviously do NO vetting which allows crap like this to get through all too often.
Old December 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I watched a few videos on Youtube and it is absolutely shocking how bad the game looks and plays.

Personally, I put equal blame on the developers AND Valve in this case. For shit's sake, Steam takes a cut of ~25% from the sale of each game. Unlike Apple, the obviously do NO vetting which allows crap like this to get through all too often.

Bingo. This was a scam from day 1 by some sketchy devs...and steam fell for it hook, line and sinker. People need to stop prepurchasing games until the industry learns that they can no longer put out crappy products and expect to be paid.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 20, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Bingo. This was a scam from day 1 by some sketchy devs...and steam fell for it hook, line and sinker. People need to stop prepurchasing games until the industry learns that they can no longer put out crappy products and expect to be paid.
Where's my Bingo? I was calling all of this before the game was released. I don't think Valve "fell for" anything. These devs already have War Inc Battlezone (which is where 90% of the assets of War Z come from) on Steam so obviously they have some sort of agreement with Valve already which maybe allowed them to post War Z on Steam without much issue. And this was more than just a crappy game - there are lots of crappy games on Steam. It was the false advertisement, the ban happy community leaders, the greedy developers and their lead dev Sergey that is absolutely bat shit insane and tells outright, blatantly obvious lies. I believe he even called some of his customers 'faggots' once. I wouldn't be making a stink if the game was just bad, because bad games are mad all the time. Something of this nature hasn't really happened on Steam before so it does bring to light that maybe Steam should be screening these games something like Apple's Appstore. Especially now with the Greenlight games starting to release on Steam, a lot of which are still in Alpha. They need to possibly make a game category for Beta/Alpha's and make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that the game is still in development and you are buying into a half finished game. Desura does something like this on their website.

Last edited by headsh0t; December 20, 2012 at 09:37 AM.