Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2012, 07:04 AM
Allstar

Did they notify you the beta was available or did you just check, I got the email a few weeks ago but nothing since.
Old November 1, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

the beta still hasn't started its still in alpha but if you bought it or got a guest key you can play now
Old November 1, 2012, 02:43 PM
Allstar

I can get into beta ?
Register for the closed Beta on the website (The War Z: The Survivor MMO Zombie Game coming to you this fall!). We will be selecting people that are active on the official forums, official Facebook page and helping to grow the community. We also will be offering early guaranteed access to the closed beta to everyone that preorders the game.

Do you have storyline or quests in a game?
There is a back story to the game, but as far as there being a storyline that players need to follow within the game - the answer is no. The gameplay is designed to be open world sandbox so that players really have the opportunity to create their own, unique experience. We don't define any quests that you have to complete in order to obtain items in the game. However, players will be able to create their own quests and missions for other players and then post rewards for completing those missions. Once again - we just provide the tools and the players create the experience.

That pretty much rules me out.
Old November 1, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

I want to try War Z but I also don't want to pay for it as I think its asinine to pay to get into an Alpha and god knows how long before it goes beta.

So if someone has a guess pass..
Old November 13, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

so is anyone playing? I am loving this game,pretty much only thing i have played since the 31st. Theres been hacker problems and such but i have only ever seen 1 hacker,but they are working on it.It is still only alpha.Found lots of goodies some rare things that i have only seen once the whole time i been playing(sux everything gets wiped on the 30th when beta starts but o well just do it all gain :) ) .I have had some of my most intense gameplay ever while playing this game.Might seem like a slow paced game to have intense moments,but hen you full of awesome gear and you see other ppl or they see you shit can get intense lol
Old November 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

I got a guest key and tried it out. Because I played dayz for so long this game felt like a total copy. With that said I also felt it was a pretty version of days.

Also didn't like the jump mechanics, item highlighting etc. Still going to wait for dayz
Old November 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
so is anyone playing? I am loving this game,pretty much only thing i have played since the 31st. Theres been hacker problems and such but i have only ever seen 1 hacker,but they are working on it.It is still only alpha.Found lots of goodies some rare things that i have only seen once the whole time i been playing(sux everything gets wiped on the 30th when beta starts but o well just do it all gain :) ) .I have had some of my most intense gameplay ever while playing this game.Might seem like a slow paced game to have intense moments,but hen you full of awesome gear and you see other ppl or they see you shit can get intense lol
Have you played DayZ?
Old November 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

anyone have a guest key to spare.a buddy of mine wants to give it a try and i only bought survivor package so i don't have any
Old November 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
Allstar

Anyone playing tonight? Im Sick of getting killed by everyone even though i have nothing.
Old November 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
Allstar

Found a group of 7 players... Very fun times. Its been a long time since i enjoyed playing a game this much.

For this game being alpha, It sure runs good, But the sound is sh-t like most say.

But its so worth it in the end.