Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
MVP

I enjoyed Dayz mostly.

What I didn't enjoy...hackers that could kill everyone on the entire server. Devs refused to allow a private server to have a password (unless this has changed now).

I await the release of War Z and or the stand alone Dayz.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old October 28, 2012, 04:31 PM
Allstar

I REALLY want a clan and a Server for this game... With TS Or Vent.
Old October 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
As long as its not as broken as Arma Crap. This day and age, Still being able to stick a hand of leg through a wall...So many reasons why i didnt jump on the Arma Mod.

Hope this is better.
Really?? Have you watched gameplay of this? The DayZ ALPHA MOD already is way better than this shit game. Plus this game has an ingame cash store that allows you to buy your equipment back after you die. It is based off of the War Inc engine, which is not great. Not only that but these scumbag devs told people this was in development for over a year after they were accused of just using DayZ's hype to sell this. There was no way this was in development that long, when they first announced it they showed some of their gameplay there were tons of assets taken from War Inc and looked like it was thrown together in a couple weeks.

As for hacking in DayZ that was an issue with the Arma engine itself. You are MEANT to be able to spawn anything into the game you want to create missions, etc. in regular Arma games. This will be addressed in the standalone release of DayZ since theyre using a custom tailored engine based off of the Take On Helicopters engine which is a variation of the ARMA2 engine.

If they manage to turn this in to a decent game I might consider buying it, but so far it seems like theyre just trying to cash in on someone else's success and don't care what kind of a game theyre putting out.

Last edited by headsh0t; October 28, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old October 28, 2012, 06:56 PM
Allstar

I thought this was the DayZ Stand alnoe everyone was talking about.?

Im wrong i take it...?
Old October 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

...yes... DayZ standalone is being developed by Dean Hall and Bohemia Interactive, not war INC.
Old October 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
I thought this was the DayZ Stand alnoe everyone was talking about.?

Im wrong i take it...?
LOL Yes it is a different game made by a different entity. The developer is Hammerpoint Interactive? I can't seem to find any other games they've developed, as they didn't even develop War INC they're just using its engine.

DayZ will still be called DayZ when its standalone is released. Check out DayZ blog, they have some screenshots of the standalone. Only showing building interiors though.
Old October 29, 2012, 04:27 AM
Allstar

Operation flashpoint programmers.... Oh oh.

I hope they can keep their word on this project, OFP was a flop.
Old October 31, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i been playing it all morning and im having a blast.Seems the zombies can hit you from about 10 ft away lol..Very slow paced but its awesome..I have only been playing by myself so i havn't ventured into the more city like areas yet cause they are full of bandits just waiting.I manged to get lucky with one character and found a crap load of meds and a m4 assault rifle.Gonna wait till i play with some friends before i use that guy again,don't wanna chances losin all them meds and gun by greedy bandits lol.I havn't played dayz but im having a great time in warz
Old October 31, 2012, 02:41 PM
Allstar

Were Did you Get it? I it on Steam or Origins?
Old October 31, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

neither The War Z: The Survivor MMO Zombie Game coming to you this fall! and they just released a patch fixing the melee range of the zombies and some other fixes and more map