Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
That "cutscene" was pure in game footage. Sure the ships were on rails and the camera was at an angle you'd never actually see, and lighting is far from final but everything graphical in that will be in game. At least.

Admittedly you will need a beast of a machine to run it at any resolution let alone 4k. Even with the "simple" environments. But damn it will look good.

And honestly I hope to god they stay away from anything that plays like SWTOR. But I have high hopes for the single player story aspect, CR;s previous games have always been solid when it comes to the story.
I didn't mean play like swtor but have the capability to have missions that are not in space
Old November 16, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I didn't mean play like swtor but have the capability to have missions that are not in space
Honestly you might be hoping for a bit too much. This is a space sim first and foremost.

There will be boarding, there will be planetside stuff. There will even be a few planets that are considered lawless and have open FPS combat. BUT with the way death works, its going to be a real risk to put yourself directly in the firing line. Not to mention the fact that 90% of the time you will be in FPS combat you will be boarding which will only come into play on capital ships and space stations, Idris and up.

There wont be planet missions, you won't earn credits by hanging out on Earth or Terra, your trade, your exploration, your combat will all be in space for the most part. And the first person combat will happen mostly in space as well.

What you have to remember that this is a Space Sim first and foremost, so think 90% space stuff, 5-10% First Person Shooter stuff. So sort of like TOR but you know in reverse, good.

And honestly, the space stuff that they are adding to that game looks absolutely terrible from the trailers I've seen.
Old November 16, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I used to love planeteer years ago my ship had huge guns on it it looks so funny
Old November 16, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There is one thing about this game that really concerns me. It is the money. I mean I feel like there is no way I'm going to be able to compete with the people that are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on all the different bundles, and ships.

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing and I do want to play it but I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those "pay to win" type games. Just worried it could go wrong very easily.

Old November 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
There is one thing about this game that really concerns me. It is the money. I mean I feel like there is no way I'm going to be able to compete with the people that are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on all the different bundles, and ships.

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing and I do want to play it but I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those "pay to win" type games. Just worried it could go wrong very easily.
The entire Pay to Win thing has been blown out of proportion from my perspective. Yes there are an increadible number of people who have spent many thousands of dollars on this game but I'm not worried in the slightest. Yes they may have a slight advantage at launch, mostly due to them having the versatility for multiple roles, but after that as long as you are willing to do the missions to earn your ships and upgrades there really should be no real advantage. Why? Simply because you can have 5000 ships but you can only ever fly one at a time. And ontop of that the ships that cost the real money need crews for full effect anyways.
Old November 17, 2013, 05:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'll wait until the final version. No thanks waiting 3 years for the initial backers to see if the game is actually even any good. People are crazy to dump large sums of money on this! Any game that grants you unique items for spending real money??? See ya!

Old November 17, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
I'll wait until the final version. No thanks waiting 3 years for the initial backers to see if the game is actually even any good. People are crazy to dump large sums of money on this! Any game that grants you unique items for spending real money??? See ya!
There are no unique items for real money. Everything you see in the pledge period will be available in game with game currency.

Also, backers will shortly be dogfighting in the alpha, as in December/January. You can even see the ships themselves now in the Hangar, best thing about this is the open developement and the fact that we already have the foundation of the games on our PCs.
Old November 17, 2013, 02:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok then that's not bad.

Old November 26, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Last day of Life time insurance for Original and Veteran backers today. Live stream in 90 minutes @ 11am PST. And 2 new alien ships available, the Banu transport and Xi'an scout.

Just a note, LTI is EXACTLY the same as normal insurance except you don't pay for it.
Old November 26, 2013, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Last day of Life time insurance for Original and Veteran backers today. Live stream in 90 minutes @ 11am PST. And 2 new alien ships available, the Banu transport and Xi'an scout.

Just a note, LTI is EXACTLY the same as normal insurance except you don't pay for it.
I wish I understood the game and LTI better, sounds like a good deal, hate to miss out on a fun thing but don't want to be tied to one game for months if I don't like it. Does the $30 package still get you LTI?