Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I'm pretty excited that they are using the CryEngine 3, I'll finally have the excuse I need to upgrade my GPU when the next batch of cards come out.

The December multiplayer dog fighting module can't come soon enough!
Old October 4, 2013, 09:50 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
And insurance is explained Insurance FAQ and Update | Roberts Space Industries

Trust Chris
updated link
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Clarification

So this LTI thing is their way of generating income in stead of a monthly subscription? The ingame cash, is it earned by playing normally? I Thought there would be no other fees with SC after you backed them.
Old October 6, 2013, 04:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
updated link
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Clarification

So this LTI thing is their way of generating income in stead of a monthly subscription? The ingame cash, is it earned by playing normally? I Thought there would be no other fees with SC after you backed them.
I don't think LTI is meant to be an income generator for them because it's not available to new backers (sure, there will be a surge in pledges just before the cutoff date for original and veteran backers to get LTI). Standard hull insurance offers the same protection as LTI and can be paid for with in-game currency from playing normally.

Since I backed late, I had to get LTI on my Constellation by buying the Rear Admiral package, gifting it to an original backer, they melted it down (returned it) and bought their LTI version of the Rear Admiral package, and gifted it back to me. I believe an original backer pays $20-25 less for the Rear Admiral package so if anyone does want to go about trading for LTI just be aware of that.
Old October 6, 2013, 06:00 PM
MVP

Personally, it's a huge turn-off to me when pre-purchases of any kind grant significant benefits in a multiplayer game. Especially on the scale provided in this game.

I am also concerned about the precedence set by the funding model for this game with pricing and benefits that scale so far. I know publishers like EA are strategizing to figure out how they can milk the same group.

I don't think affluence in real life should give players in-game advantages. But that may be the direction we're headed in. No thanks.
Old October 10, 2013, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

30 minutes until they start their first anniversary event.
Old October 18, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just reached $23 million! Wouldn't be surprised if it reaches $50 million by the time it is released.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
Allstar

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...y-Sale-Details
Anyone taking advantage of this?
Old November 15, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'll be watching the Live Stream on the 26th but considering I've already spent twice as much on this game as I have on any game previously I dont plan on buying any more of the limited ships. I fully plan on earning my Gladiator, Retaliator and Idris in game.

I have to say though, this project keeps impressing me no end. Of all the crowdfunding projects I've backed this is the one that has managed to fully keep my attention and keeps making me want MORE even a year after the fact. It has an amazing community already, the dev team has been incredibly open and keeps giving us info, and the rate at which they are still getting money just demonstrates how well they have run this pre game period.

And if you haven't read CR's posts recently about how the flight system (IFCS) is going to work, you should. https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...omment_1276033 TRUE PHYSICS BABY! Honestly, reading CR's words just makes me feel warm inside at this point.

I also want to add that if you haven't seen the Hornet Commercial yet go watch it, done in native 4k, this game has the potential to not only stamp the PC as the true gamers platform once again but also completely embarrass the new consoles so completely they wont be able to show their faces in public.

Few notes about the hornet ad, yes the other pilots were terrible and yes its only a 2 ships at any one time but its so pretty regardless.
Old November 16, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

although this game looks very graphical I am not sure if it would be worth getting into becasue I haven't seen anything that actually showed game play it looked more like cut scenes then anything.
I like both space but also a fps type game . for instance if they took SWTOR and Startrek style playing with the graphics of this game then I would consider it
Old November 16, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
although this game looks very graphical I am not sure if it would be worth getting into because I haven't seen anything that actually showed game play it looked more like cut scenes then anything.
I like both space but also a fps type game . for instance if they took SWTOR and Startrek style playing with the graphics of this game then I would consider it
That "cutscene" was pure in game footage. Sure the ships were on rails and the camera was at an angle you'd never actually see, and lighting is far from final but everything graphical in that will be in game. At least.

Admittedly you will need a beast of a machine to run it at any resolution let alone 4k. Even with the "simple" environments. But damn it will look good.

And honestly I hope to god they stay away from anything that plays like SWTOR. But I have high hopes for the single player story aspect, CR;s previous games have always been solid when it comes to the story.