Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just ordered 2 copies for me and my bro. looks interesting.
Old November 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
Top Prospect

I pledged 60$ the most I have ever given to a kickstarter Usually pledge less so as not to feel a loss if the project does not pan out. The FPS element does not bother me much as it seems a minor part of the game and seems fairly difficult to do. Shoot all thrusters out and have a tractor beam as well. Seems like this will only be a strategy for pirates to me. Hope this game pans out as I have not played a good space sim since freespace 2, I thought freelancer was medicore but I did enjoy Privateer way back on my 486. Apparently there is a fan remake, anybody played it? Privateer Gemini Gold Project
Old November 18, 2012, 10:22 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseWilson View Post
I did enjoy Privateer way back on my 486. Apparently there is a fan remake, anybody played it? Privateer Gemini Gold Project
I tried to. It still looks like a really old game. Hard to get in to it.
Old November 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

Makes sense I guess, That was almost 20 years ago and when that is your base it can only be improved so much.
Old November 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

I"m having fun in Wing Commander 2, being really nostalgic as it was more or less my entry into gaming. I dunno, a game being old and being low res doesnt bother me as much anymore. Yeah having better qualify graphics is amazing but there were some awesome games still from way back when.
Old November 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
MVP

I'm a bit skeptical about how he's going to deliver. It kinda sounds too good to be true.

But if he can deliver, and does it well, he may change the PC gaming industry.
Old November 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

I truly believe he can deliver. Just what I've been reading about him, and what I've read from people in the know and what I've heard from him during the campaign I have no doubt he can fully pull this off. The fact that the opening video was actual game footage also just gives me more faith in this than in any other kickstarter project. He is a man with a vision

The crazy thing is a few days ago I thought 5 million was an attainable dream and now it looks like 6 million might be completely possible.
Old November 19, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

WOW. $6,238,563 funded from 89,668 backers. All goals hit, all competition destroyed. There is no stopping this now.

Walled garden for pledgers is now going up, team are regrouping (read sleep) and the journey begins.
Old November 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When this first started I thought maybe they will reach 2.5 million. So many people were happy when we passed 3 million. Now it has been more than doubled.

They have convinced me to up my pledge from $60 to $140 to $265. This is the largest amount of money I have pledged to kick starter and have spent on a game. I hope I don't regret it and the game turns out amazing. There is a sort of high pledging more on kick starter....

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

When we were around 2.5-3million I was dreaming of 5 as sort of a long shot, with 4-4.5 as a reality. I don't think anyone was thinking that we'd even hit 5.5 let alone 6 last week or even a few days ago.

I also paid much more than I should have but I have high hopes and faith in Chris Roberts to execute on his vision. The most I've ever paid for a video game for sure, but I'm looking at it as more of an investment in a game that I want made more than anything else.