Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

when i was a kid my brother and i would hit each ohter with the controllers for our NES when we were mad at each other no one got hurt...

i feel bad for brothers now
Old September 15, 2012, 05:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
when i was a kid my brother and i would hit each ohter with the controllers for our NES when we were mad at each other no one got hurt...

i feel bad for brothers now
Haha, too true, we were the same way.
Old September 16, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sure, the Wii flew off store shelves, but then they ended up collecting dust on home shelves after 6 months :P.
Old September 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post
Hardly anything 'next gen' about it. I hate that term when people describe a console, it implies its technology is not already surpassed but obviously it is 100x better on the PC.

Unless apple made this thing I don't see it becoming popular. Having a tablet as a controller just seems bad and very unintuitive. Great for reading a book/magazine but playing a game... not so much.
Next gen just means the next generation in line of consoles, it has nothing to do with the hardware being next-gen. It is not implying that it has surpassed PC hardware. Also implying the touchscreen on the controller is a tablet it wrong ;) I can see the touch screen being used for menu/inventory/map system quite well that can be taken off of the main screen.

As for Wii's collecting dust, my Wii is the only console I've played in the last 6 months, possibly even in the last year and I've got all 3 consoles. New Super Mario Bros ftw.