Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

bah another game I want to get into at some point. Is it just me or PC gaming making a massive comeback. Not that it ever really went away just that people are starting to develope primarily for it again. We have this, we have quite a few kickstarters, Star Citizen. Is this the beginning of the next golden age of PC gaming?
Old October 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have purchased the 25euro option for this too. I have to say that lately there have been many games and game projects that I am very interested in, yay for PC gaming.
Old October 12, 2012, 03:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sorry about the servers there have been some issues due to the increase volume of downloads since yesterday, lots of new members, thats why the download speeds are low.
As an alternative you can download the full client from the official torrent @ WMD Forum (You need to be logged in the official forums in order to access it)
You will still need to download afterwards the recent updates but they are under 1.5Gb.

I really hope this is the beginning of the new Gold Age for PC games, we have been under the nightmare of EA and Co. for too long, its time to get back the quality products :)
Old October 12, 2012, 06:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

WOW the graphics are amazing in game! I just got it up and running this morning. Now I gotta go and get a wheel, I knew it would be unplayable with the keyboard, I just wanted to see it first. Looking forward to some good hot laps once I can control it, LOL!
Old October 12, 2012, 07:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you have a Dualshock3 you can use it as gamepad :)
Old October 22, 2012, 01:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

New trailer by Jonz released showing the sexy new weather effects & reflections

Project C.A.R.S. trailer - Wet is Beautiful on Vimeo
Old October 22, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

'jaw dropped'
Old November 1, 2012, 01:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Big news everyone, RUF just joined Project CARS!
Project CARS will include four of Ruf’s icnonic German sports cars, bringing both a true classic and three current RUF models to the title.

1987 RUF CTR “Yellowbird”
Based on the Porsche 911 3.2, the 1987 CTR „Yellowbird“ is one of Ruf’s most iconic models.

2012 RUF CTR 3
20 years later, Ruf continued their famous CTR range with a new model as the third-generation CTR was unveiled in Bahrain in 2007.

2012 RUF Rt 12R
The Rt 12R is based on Porsche’s 997 platform as Ruf once again cut no corners to create a stunning driving machine.

2012 RUF RGT-8
Based on the brand new Porsche 991 model, the RGT-8 will be the first Porsche 911 body car to not be powered by the traditional flat six engine.

The developers also announced that they recently received a contact from a big German manufacturer interested in having their cars in Project CARS, the developers havnt said much more than this but the speculation is starting to rise @ the official forums !

More info @ the official website!
Old November 4, 2012, 07:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow.... its GT5 for the PC..... Wonder how my laptop would handle it, more importantly the crummy internet here at the work camp.... gonna start to get into this and see. Thanks for the heads up!

I may find my answer but if you know, what the support like for multiple monitors or custom resolutions? Wondering if I should break out my 20/30/20 setup again.... or just get another 30", then again could look best on my laptop outputed to my 64" tv :)

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; November 4, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old November 5, 2012, 03:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmm, theres alot of players using triple screen setups but im not the right person to explain you how to do them, i could link to a thread @ the internal forums but only registered members can see it. You can find some videos on youtube with players racing in pCARS using that.

Tags
pcars , project cars , slightly mad studios , wmd