Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

Default Sleeping Dogs

Goodness, no thread on this wonderful game yet?

I've been on and off-ing on this game for the last week or so, and I've finally hit the ending missions where everything hits the fan.

In the beginning, it was fairly slow like any other sandbox games, but it teaches you the very simple controls very quickly, as well as establishing your character role too.

The middle missions were somewhat.....gruesome to say the least, I would say this what hit home as to what an "asian triad" game is like at its finest .

I can't exactly comment on the end yet, haven't made it that far.

All in all, this game is fantastic, gross, disgusting, vulgar, but at the same time, carries a heavy story line, which is very uncommon in these types of games (I'm looking at you Saints Row 3 ).

What are your thoughts?
Old August 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think it's awesome so far. Probably my favourite sand box game ever since it's my type of fighting. Plus since GSP was involved, you really can't go wrong, haha.
The graphics are pretty nice too I'd say, definitely keeps my GTX 680 working hard. Hopefully I won't get tired of it like I did with the GTA series since the missions got repetitive, but guess we'll see over time. I think the combat will help keep me interested though.
Old August 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I heard there were a ton of problems with it. True? Not true?
Old August 20, 2012, 05:01 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

There are no major problems with the game, but the usual glitch here and there. It's nothing as bad as Skyrim, but its obviously not polished.

However, that has not hindered my enjoyment of the game.
Old August 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
Allstar

You almost sold me on it Brian, I've had my eye on it for a while.
Old August 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I haven't had any major issues with the game, the only glaring problem I've seen is that VSync doesn't seem to quite be on cause I see tearing, but maybe that's just nVidia's Adaptive VSync at work, but I haven't tinkered with the settings yet to see if that is truly it.
Otherwise, game is pretty stable with no major bugs affecting gameplay.
Old August 23, 2012, 04:22 AM
Allstar

Tried the PS3 demo for a bit, and was impressed, it looked better than any other console game I've seen, if the PC version is even better...wow. Even gameplay was surprisingly easy for a non-console guy. It's the first time I've considered looking for the ps3 version before pc, but a Steam sale will probably sway me.
Old August 23, 2012, 07:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You also get high res textures on the PC so it'll look better. I use my 360 controller on the PC for the game and it works great.
Old August 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The PC demo is live on Steam. Sleeping Dogs on Steam Button on the right hand column.
Old August 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
Allstar

Greenmangaming has some pretty sweet deals considering how new this game is. Their twitter is a good source for info https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming
If I didn't have Borderlands2 and Hitman Abs coming up, I'd be all over this.