Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

oh god its good eh... damn i think i might have to snag this.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I liked the game and played until Episode 3, but I felt like a number of the choices don't *really* matter (ie Character A vs B, no matter which there's no real difference because they're gone the start of the next episode, etc). It is a solid game though and I'll go back and finish the rest soon, but I just felt like it got a bit over-rated and wasn't the GOTY that so many people made it out to be. Just my two cents though.

For under $20 though, it's a fantastic game and you'll get a lot of hours out of it.
Old April 14, 2013, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I liked the game and played until Episode 3, but I felt like a number of the choices don't *really* matter (ie Character A vs B, no matter which there's no real difference because they're gone the start of the next episode, etc). It is a solid game though and I'll go back and finish the rest soon, but I just felt like it got a bit over-rated and wasn't the GOTY that so many people made it out to be. Just my two cents though.

For under $20 though, it's a fantastic game and you'll get a lot of hours out of it.
Character choices do matter. But it's the choices you make in the game that matter most. I got 14 hours out of it. The reason people gave it GOTY status (I do to) is because it is a rare game that actually makes you care about the people and choices you make. It shocks you and makes you laugh. I had a knot in my stomach at the end. Not too many games are able to pull that off these day's. Especially PC games.

The only regret I have about the game is that it is a point and click adventure. I prefer a sandbox without so much hand holding. I'm hoping Naughty Dogs The Last of Us will be just that. One has to wonder if Naughty Dog didn't rip the idea off from Telltale.