Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default 2012 not a good year for gaming?

Last year there were tons of games that I was looking forward to, Skyrim, BF3, Deus Ex, Dirt3, witcher2, shogun etc.

This year there was Diablo3 and ME3, so far and both have been huge let downs and looking forward to the rest of this year the only thing that really peeks my interest now is Borderlands2.

Is it the fact that consoles are reaching the end of their lifes and we have passed into limbo while MS and Sony build new hardware? Or is it the fact that EA and others are pushing forward on Free2Play agendas
Old June 26, 2012, 06:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Witcher 2 Enhanced, which essentially is updated graphics with added content, it'll probably win GTOY at least for RPGs.

Torchlight 2 looks rather promising, coming out in July.

Borderlands 2 you've already mentioned however still looks rather good.

I didn't think ME3 was as bad as people are claiming it to be, I've sunk quite a few hours into the multiplayer as I find it quite a bit of a fun (even playing with randoms). I'll beat the campaign this summer now that the extended version is out (and if you have 80% in a sector you don't have to deal with Reapers chasing your ass).

Max Payne 3 I've heard is an alright game, not an amazing one but I'll get to playing it once I finally get through ME3 (most of my gaming is spent playing co-op style games with the fiancee)

I'm looking forward to Halo 4, just to see how they decided to take the franchise.

Some people could be rather interested in Guild Wars 2, probably not myself though it'll probably help with the death of swtor. Bioware/EA have no idea how to properly run an mmo game (bugs/exploits and no perma bans for cheaters 7+ months in)

South Park the Game also seems like it could be a gem, but only time will tell for that.
Old June 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm really looking forward to XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Old June 26, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I feel a bit let down this year as well. I've resorted to playing DC Universe online and lord of the rings online with a buddy. There isn;t really anything on the radar that has peaked my interest.
Old June 26, 2012, 08:58 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

If you haven't played Kingdoms of Amalur yet give it a go, hidden gem. I'm playing it now and it is very fun. Combat is great.
Old June 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Mechwarrior online: free to play with a 400 dollar joystick

MechWarrior Online

Razer Artemis | Razer™ | For Gamers. By Gamers.™ check it out!!!
Old June 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

While many games have been let downs 2012 is not a failure for.me due to guild wars 2 being tue best game i have ever played. Honestly anyone who plays mmos should pick up this game... no subscriptions but unfortunately no.release.date.
Old June 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Comparing this year so far with last year is not really apples to apples. All the big releases are usually in the fall or around xmas. Having said that though, this years xmas crop doesn't seem to be full of many must have titles. Dishonored is about the only one I'm interested in.
Old June 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
Allstar

Been a lousy year for games here. Took a month to get ACR installed and running with all patches. I've been in a constant back and forth (mostly waiting for replies) with Steam support since Feb 24th when I tried to Install FEAR3 and couldn't even connect to play my previously installed games. It's enough to make one give up on it entirely. The last game I played that installed and played the way it should right out of the box was DOOM3.
Old June 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have been pretty happy myself with ME3 and D3. All that is left is GW2 and BL2. It has been nice so far, they didn't all come out at once so I have time to enjoy one before the next is released.