Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

New gameplay footage Watch Dogs Gameplay HD - YouTube
Old May 15, 2014, 09:29 AM
Allstar

I made up my mind long ago not to preorder Watch Dogs for a few reasons, but mainly because (hear me out) of how Ubisofts games lately (AC series) show the in-game world 'digitally' appearing in front you as part of the experience. Now I've accepted it in the AC series because you're hooked to a VR machine anyway, so it's plausible. But I don't want that extra layer of 'artificial reality' in my games anymore; I'm already in that mindset the moment I click my mouse.

Now this story comes out Video Game Preorders Are Out Of Control and I question if I'll buy WD at all. Bargain bin I guess.
Old May 16, 2014, 09:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I made up my mind long ago not to preorder Watch Dogs for a few reasons, but mainly because (hear me out) of how Ubisofts games lately (AC series) show the in-game world 'digitally' appearing in front you as part of the experience. Now I've accepted it in the AC series because you're hooked to a VR machine anyway, so it's plausible. But I don't want that extra layer of 'artificial reality' in my games anymore; I'm already in that mindset the moment I click my mouse.

Now this story comes out Video Game Preorders Are Out Of Control and I question if I'll buy WD at all. Bargain bin I guess.
That's funny, cause I just made up my mind to pre-order it. The only thing that had me worried was bugs, and the graphical downgrade. Turns out there's an ultra mode (or w/e) for PC, and the extra time after the delay gave them a fair amount of time to iron it out. AC sort of went downhill, but that seemed to happen b/c they ran out of ideas. Watch Dogs is a fresh IP.
Old May 20, 2014, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Lol @ the system requirements. 8 cores 8g of ram and a 560 to play the game ? F off