Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2014, 04:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just got a Beta Key for this weekend. I'm not an MMO fan normally, but I thought I'd give this a shot. Any suggestions for a first-timer into ESO?
Old February 27, 2014, 08:29 AM
Rookie

I played during the stress test weekend 2-3 weeks ago and to say the least it was really lack luster. I am a fairly large fan of MMO's and have played quite a few, and the ones I liked I did play for a very long time. I only recently played Skyrim and loved it. ESO, just felt so dead and uninspired to me. I will most likely give it another shot sometime after release and hope for the best. If not I still have SGWemu to keep me happy.
Old March 2, 2014, 06:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Played this a couple hours this weekend and .... ugghh. Doesn't feel at all like Skyrim or Oblivion (or Morrowind). I could see the appeal of 'Skyrim with a friend'; one or two people with you with one person as 'dominant' in the quest. This was just another MMO. Graphics are remarkably lackluster compared to Skyrim, PCs are jumping and running all over. Bad guys, even bosses or uniques keep 'blinking' back into existence in the same spot every few minutes. Even the zoom in and fixed camera on conversation feels so unlike a TES game.

Won't be picking this up, heck I won't even give it another go when it goes free to play. If you're an MMO person maybe this game's for you, but if Bethesda thinks they're going to convert legions of TES players into MMORPGers I think they'll be in for a rude awakening.
Old March 29, 2014, 12:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Playing few hours I actually started feeling lil motion sickness as id grind out mobs. Dont think the $80 was worth it.
Old March 29, 2014, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I doubt very much that they would be able to have the same type graphics detail compared to single player
how in the hell does one get a beta key for this game.
I just reinstall oblivion ( couldnt find my skyrim :( ) but I have to have the dam disk in all the time to play, I don't remember how to fix this there was a way to copy certain files off of the disk then change another file so that you don't need the disk to play
Old March 29, 2014, 10:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
how in the hell does one get a beta key for this game.
Just search for Elder Scrolls Online Beta signup. It was pretty quick and easy and they were sending out tons of keys. That being said, since the release is April 3rd or something like that, I wouldn't hold out on getting a chance for another open beta now.
Old March 29, 2014, 10:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Early access 29th of March.
Old March 29, 2014, 11:03 PM
MVP

ESO Early Access start times:

North America (East): 7:00 AM EST, Sunday March 30th
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Sunday March 30th
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Sunday March 30th
Sydney, Australia: 10:00 PM AEDT, Sunday March 30th
Singapore: 7:00 PM SGT, Sunday March 30th
Old April 3, 2014, 05:56 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

This game is great so far but I hope the "maintenance time" reduces.
Is there a set time for regular weekly maintenance like in WoW?
Old April 4, 2014, 03:11 AM
MVP

The 12+ hour period of unscheduled maintenance was necessary because of a catastrophic bug actively corrupting characters.

Quote:
Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We’ve identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.
It's been a very smooth launch overall IMO.