Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2014, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
Don't forget, unless you buy the Collectors Edition (Imperial Edition) you can't play as an Imperial. Epic fail on bethesda's part.
Not true, you can still play as an imperial in 1 of the factions, CE just lets you play as an imp across the board.

Its interesting and a bit sad everything I want from the next real elderscrolls game is also missing from this more or less.
Old January 31, 2014, 06:35 PM
Allstar

Love the MMO side of it, But I don't Pay2Play

I don't mind buying DLCs,. Im not paying monthly.
Old January 31, 2014, 07:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You can place my vote squarely in the non-MMO / multiplayer camp. I don't mind a little bit of interaction along the lines of trading, but I don't play FPS style games and don't have the patience for co-op. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 31, 2014, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
You can place my vote squarely in the non-MMO / multiplayer camp. I don't mind a little bit of interaction along the lines of trading, but I don't play FPS style games and don't have the patience for co-op. :)

I am also in that camp. Honestly until they end up with something that is like a true VR world I just don't see myself spending time in multiplayer. I get it and understand why people can like it but most of the time it is not for me.

As for TES online, seeing that it is both pay upfront and subscription turns me off of even giving it a try.

Old February 1, 2014, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I won't be paying for it. from what I may or may not have played from the beta, there's nothing special about it, and nothing that holds my attention for more than a couple hours. I liked the rest of the Elder Scroll series, morrowind being my favorite still, but whatever ESO is supposed to be, the only thing that makes it an Elder Scrolls game is the characters, and random quest bugs that leave you stuck in quest limbo and unlike the previous games, you can't just fix them with a console command anymore, you have to hope that they step up and fix it for you now.

I saw the word dull somewhere in this thread, I have to say I concur with that statement
Old February 7, 2014, 09:27 AM
Allstar

Beta test this weekend, if anything impresses or anoyys me enough I may report on it here, but I doubt i'll ever pay a sub for this.
EDIT: played an hour or so, nothing like I expected, Neverwinter looks and plays better imho, and is free.
edit: uninstaller doesn't even remove the game, only from the add/rremove program list. So many fails.

Last edited by On2wheels; February 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old February 7, 2014, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

The last beta managed to hold my attention for all of the opening bit. Once I hit Tamriel I lost interest so I don't think I'll be taking part in this weekend's
Old February 7, 2014, 08:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I finally got a beta key today going to try over weekend
Old February 26, 2014, 08:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Elder Scrolls Online

Well, I just got an invite to the next round of Beta starting on Friday.

Has anyone been playing around on Beta yet? What are your thoughts so far?

They lifted the NDA on the 15th so anything from then on can be posted.
Old February 26, 2014, 10:05 AM
Allstar

Another vote by someone who prefers single player and doesn't care for online multiplayer games. Too many idiots and assholes. I'd rather just do things on my own or maybe have a kind of trading system as per SSWilson. That being said, I loved Rubie Of Eventide as the players were generally really helpful and you could pretty much do everything solo if you were high enough level or just join a group for a quick fight and then go on your merry way afterwards.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N