Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post

Is that the voice of Sir Ian McKellan?
Dumbledore.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@Jebusman:
Just be happy they decided to make it a separate game instead of tacking it on to what should have been a full single player game, like EA did with Mass Effect 3.

And for the record I agree with Jebusman that while online games have their place not every damn franchise out there has to go to the multiplayer route. All it shows to me is that the publishers want to cash in on what they see as easy cash.

Old May 6, 2012, 05:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
@Jebusman:
Just be happy they decided to make it a separate game instead of tacking it on to what should have been a full single player game, like EA did with Mass Effect 3.
As much as I agree with that, ME3 Multiplayer was actually pretty good. No doubt the quality of the singleplayer suffered due to the way their resources were allocated though, which was a shame. ME1 was a great game. ME2 was an alright one. 3 was their chance to redeem themselves.
Old May 6, 2012, 06:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yay another bad game, I quit playing oblivion when they stopped doing new games and just started re skinning everything(YEARS ago) I would rather play bioshock 1 and 2 then any of the oblivion series.
Old January 30, 2014, 08:38 AM
Allstar

I'm very interested in this but not the $59 tag + subscription. Does anyone else think that's too much?
Old January 30, 2014, 09:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yup. I'll pay up front OR pay monthly, not both. How did that work out for SW:TOR?
Old January 30, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Yup. I'll pay up front OR pay monthly, not both. How did that work out for SW:TOR?
I don't even think I would pay monthly. Honestly this game looks and plays a lot like GW2 and I really don't see how it can compete charging a subscription fee.

Edit: Well if it compete's it is solely on name not quality from what I have played so far in the beta.
Old January 30, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

This game depresses me. I've always been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls games. I loved Oblivion and Skyrim despite all their flaws. And geuss what? I also modded the bejesus out of them. Elder Scrolls games are still instant buys for me at full price which so few games are. This has no appeal at all, even if it was free.

All I wanted from Elder Scrolls in terms of multiplayer is a little bit of coop along the lines of Borderlands. A majorly single player game that I can mod and the possibility that I can play the stock game with someone.

MMOs are terrible in my opinion, over engineered repetitive and dull.
Old January 30, 2014, 04:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
This game depresses me. I've always been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls games. I loved Oblivion and Skyrim despite all their flaws. And geuss what? I also modded the bejesus out of them. Elder Scrolls games are still instant buys for me at full price which so few games are. This has no appeal at all, even if it was free.

All I wanted from Elder Scrolls in terms of multiplayer is a little bit of coop along the lines of Borderlands. A majorly single player game that I can mod and the possibility that I can play the stock game with someone.

MMOs are terrible in my opinion, over engineered repetitive and dull.
Pretty much this. What I would have liked from Zenimax would have been what has made TES a success, a playground we can mess around in. Sell us a medium sized zone with server software and quests up to mid level, then sell expansions to expand the world and give special, more involved quests. Charge a server fee if people want to run in larger settings. Heck, base it off of Vvardenfell to cut dev costs. To me it seems that this yet another MMO that is doomed to the dustbin of history because it's nothing too new/different and it's saying "me too."

Edit: That said, my market size of one has no real voice.

Last edited by Kerry D; January 30, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Don't forget, unless you buy the Collectors Edition (Imperial Edition) you can't play as an Imperial. Epic fail on bethesda's part.