Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2012, 05:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default A good reason to be a PC Gamer

RaptorFire.com | Controller Mod Chips | Rapid Fire Controller Mods | Rapid Fire Mods

Related video according to youtube of watching the Skyrim Badass video by Freddie Wong. Checked out this site, I'm glad to be a PC gamer so I don't have to deal with those kinds of controller modders. Though it does explain a lot in the past on the 360 in why some people were ungodly in COD4 and other similiar console games.
Old May 4, 2012, 06:51 AM
MVP
F@H

You remember wallhackers and aimbotters, right?
Old May 4, 2012, 06:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

For the most part I don't. It's great when you have some control/input in the servers you play on (aka admin or knowing the server's admin), makes them fun and fair to play on.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
For the most part I don't. It's great when you have some control/input in the servers you play on (aka admin or knowing the server's admin), makes them fun and fair to play on.
100% this.

The key difference that made ALL the difference was actual server control. Cheaters? Boot them. Hackers? Boot them. People who are just screaming racist remarks all game? Boot them. That guy down the street who you don't like talking to? Boot them.

That, and it actually helps build a community. It's not just you and some clan hopping on whatever server you can find to piss people off. You have your own server to call home. C&C Renegade, I played on one, and ONLY one server, the entire lifetime of that game. Great way to be a part of the community.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

When I played BF3 I mainly played on 3 servers. One was HwC, so essentially any of those admin guys were in the game or could be bugged on irc. The other two were community feedback ones, anyone who was breaking the rules were called out by both teams, not just the team that it was being done to. With an active admin and their feedback system, the rule breakers were quickly/easily dealt with.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:26 AM
Allstar

another reason I never played any FPS games on PS3.
Old May 4, 2012, 08:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
another reason I never played any FPS games on PS3.
Aside from the fact that no one is ever playing anyway?
Old June 7, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

I love PC gaming, and actually feel a bit of pity for console extremists who've had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long
PC Gaming: E3′s Dirty Little Secret | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
What's worse is console gamers who have never seen a pc game (or one since 1995) don't even know what they're missing.
Old June 7, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I never really liked Console gaming PC gaming all the way for me, the only time I actually sort of liked console gaming was back when the Final fantasy series started out
Old June 7, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
100% this.

The key difference that made ALL the difference was actual server control. Cheaters? Boot them. Hackers? Boot them. People who are just screaming racist remarks all game? Boot them. That guy down the street who you don't like talking to? Boot them.

That, and it actually helps build a community. It's not just you and some clan hopping on whatever server you can find to piss people off. You have your own server to call home. C&C Renegade, I played on one, and ONLY one server, the entire lifetime of that game. Great way to be a part of the community.
WHAT SERVER? My name was feral1337 and at one point I was second on the latter... Although I mostly played sniping towards the end of my renegade career I used to be badass at that game.

People always used to think I hack because I would instantly turn around and shoot them... Little did they know there is a button that automatically turns you 180.

Last edited by JJThomp; June 7, 2012 at 09:20 PM.