Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2012, 11:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Morrowind Graphics/Sound Overhaul

Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics - YouTube

This alone makes me want to reinstall Morrowind and play it again. Personally it's my favourite Elder Scrolls game and with this and other use mods it could/would play like a game that isn't nearly a decade old.
Old April 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

this is a game I've been meaning to play for years but still havent gotten around to. I think it may finally be time.

That overhaul looks extremely impressive, any other mod recommendations anyone?
Old April 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
Allstar

Planet Elder Scrolls - Maps, News, Oblivion, Cheats, Downloads

My favourite mod of all time. I'm thinking about playing this game again just because of the fond memories haha. Of course the new graphics and sound overhaul is pretty sweet as well.

Edit: looks like there is no information in the link title. The mod is called Lilarcor and is a talking sword. Sounds cheesy but it's a blast.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old May 1, 2012, 04:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's a great game, and personally I found a lot better then Oblivion and hell even Sky-rims. I'll be playing this game this summer once I whittle down my games to play list (ME3 is first, then Witcher 2 Enhanced), once I hit 50 in swtor... almost there!
Old May 1, 2012, 05:29 AM

My System Specs

The game runs to poorly w/ the overhaul. I tried playing it w/ HD6970 Crossfire last year and found it very hard to have both decent detail and playable framrate.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Are you sure it wasn't a crossfire issue? I know quite a few older games perform poorly for some reason with crossfire enabled. I'll try sometime this week to see how this performs on my 680.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:28 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Watching this makes me wonder why they went away from other worldly settings to a basic Medevil clone in Oblivion and Skyrim. Kinda took the high fantasy out of it.
Old May 1, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I still need to play Morrowind. Just by looking at the environments, I can tell a lot more vision went into it compared to Oblivion. Oblivion started feeling drab about a quarter way through, even with graphic and environment overhauls.
Old May 1, 2012, 03:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

FWIW Oblivion is 50% off on steam for the 10th anniversary sale.

I lost my discs years ago. May have to pick it up for such a low price.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Watching this makes me wonder why they went away from other worldly settings to a basic Medevil clone in Oblivion and Skyrim. Kinda took the high fantasy out of it.
You know you're right, though I believe Morrowind was running on a different game engine even then compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim (aka they are all the same game engine, just different graphical style/programming)