Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Morrowind Graphics/Sound Overhaul (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/53805-morrowind-graphics-sound-overhaul.html)

Arinoth April 30, 2012 12:38 PM

Morrowind Graphics/Sound Overhaul

Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics - YouTube

This alone makes me want to reinstall Morrowind and play it again. Personally it's my favourite Elder Scrolls game and with this and other use mods it could/would play like a game that isn't nearly a decade old.

muse108dc April 30, 2012 06:59 PM

this is a game I've been meaning to play for years but still havent gotten around to. I think it may finally be time.

That overhaul looks extremely impressive, any other mod recommendations anyone?

Nodscene April 30, 2012 08:25 PM

Planet Elder Scrolls - Maps, News, Oblivion, Cheats, Downloads

My favourite mod of all time. I'm thinking about playing this game again just because of the fond memories haha. Of course the new graphics and sound overhaul is pretty sweet as well.

Edit: looks like there is no information in the link title. The mod is called Lilarcor and is a talking sword. Sounds cheesy but it's a blast.

Arinoth May 1, 2012 05:14 AM

It's a great game, and personally I found a lot better then Oblivion and hell even Sky-rims. I'll be playing this game this summer once I whittle down my games to play list (ME3 is first, then Witcher 2 Enhanced), once I hit 50 in swtor... almost there!

lowfat May 1, 2012 06:29 AM

The game runs to poorly w/ the overhaul. I tried playing it w/ HD6970 Crossfire last year and found it very hard to have both decent detail and playable framrate.

Arinoth May 1, 2012 06:50 AM

Are you sure it wasn't a crossfire issue? I know quite a few older games perform poorly for some reason with crossfire enabled. I'll try sometime this week to see how this performs on my 680.

Squeetard May 1, 2012 09:28 AM

Watching this makes me wonder why they went away from other worldly settings to a basic Medevil clone in Oblivion and Skyrim. Kinda took the high fantasy out of it.

YukonTrooper May 1, 2012 04:03 PM

I still need to play Morrowind. Just by looking at the environments, I can tell a lot more vision went into it compared to Oblivion. Oblivion started feeling drab about a quarter way through, even with graphic and environment overhauls.

ultraman7k May 1, 2012 04:04 PM

FWIW Oblivion is 50% off on steam for the 10th anniversary sale.

I lost my discs years ago. May have to pick it up for such a low price.

Arinoth May 4, 2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeetard (Post 625479)
Watching this makes me wonder why they went away from other worldly settings to a basic Medevil clone in Oblivion and Skyrim. Kinda took the high fantasy out of it.

You know you're right, though I believe Morrowind was running on a different game engine even then compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim (aka they are all the same game engine, just different graphical style/programming)