Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default 35GB

that's how much space the new Max Payne game is going to consume on your HDD. I didn't use to have harddrives that big, its trying to reach OS size levels.

and really, I don't think I'll mind if its a good game that looks great. My internet connection might if I buy this from steam. Think that's a third of my cap gone in 1 go.

I am hoping HDD price levels drop fairly quickly now, I was running low before this was announced

I'm going to add 1 addendum to this I am not planning on buying this at or before launch, just amazed at the size
Old April 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

35GB!?!?!?!

Why the hell would it be that big. I mean even with huge textures that is still considered just massive.

Old April 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
MVP
F@H

Epic cut scenes!
Old April 23, 2012, 06:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I would assume some major compression so that it fits on 2x 8.5GB DVDs or something along those lines.

Then again, Rockstar has become notorious for porting things to PC pretty poorly IMO.
Old April 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I would assume some major compression so that it fits on 2x 8.5GB DVDs or something along those lines.

Then again, Rockstar has become notorious for porting things to PC pretty poorly IMO.
That is so very true. Hell GTA 4 is 15.5GB so I guess if they are using 4k textures on this then it could be this big.

Old April 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post

or, they could be doing what seems to be favoured these days, and putting a minimum of stuff on the disc, and just make you download the game.
Old April 24, 2012, 04:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
or, they could be doing what seems to be favoured these days, and putting a minimum of stuff on the disc, and just make you download the game.
Yeah, only that Canadian broadband doesn't really allow for any sort of downloading. At least if you're with the major 3 that is. 35GB would eat up half of the average bandwidth caps (60GB) for the month.
Old April 24, 2012, 04:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I believe they said though that Max Payne 3 is not a direct port, that it's actually designed for the PC.

My guess has to be it's probably a rather long campaign, with in-game cut-scenes and more then likely the multi-stage multiplayer game types they have that may use larger overall maps then most shooters use.
Old April 24, 2012, 04:49 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

it probably includes the next years worth of "DLC"...
Old April 24, 2012, 04:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Now now, this isn't Biow-I mean EA.