Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Dust 514

I was watching the eve fanfest videos, and they had a live demo of dust 514 and some of the interaction with eve online (orbital bombardment FTW).
Dust514 Keynote in FULL in HD - YouTube
also, I haven't really played or even seen battle field 3 / mw3, how does the combat in this video stack up against them?
Old March 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Kinda looks like a Killzone/Battlefield hybrid from the 5 minutes or so of that video i watched.
Old March 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

DUST514 is only on PS3 and is free to play also.
Old March 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess another question that I should have asked would be, would you play it? it's free to download, and free to play, but only available on PS3.
before people complain about that, let me explain it. they don't have it on the 360 because the xbox network doesn't allow outside server connections. they don't have it on the wii because the Wii is underpowered. and they didn't want PC gamers kicking the asses of the PS3 gamers, so it's off PC too.
Old March 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nope most likely Sony paid them. This game will support keyboard and mouse for the PS3. The developers said basically maybe it will come to PC.

As far as the game goes. I think it looks kinda boring. I would rather spend my time playing Planetside 2 or BF3 or Red Orchestra 2.

Edit: The level they showed looked basically like a corridor shooter. There was no open battlefield. You had to fight from one crap valley to another. No possible flanking at all.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

they support keyboard and mouse, but CCP are pretty much dead set against it being on pc.
also, that's one region on one planet of 7000. each region will be seeded differently. as well as that being only one of the eventual 7 planet types that will be released. I'm sure there will be chances to flank the opponents. as well as being able to call in areal support or orbital bombardment. I'm sure that once it's out, since it's free, you can give it a chance and see how boring it is.
as for sony paying them off, it's possible, but that seems a bit unlikely considering CCP, but you never really know.
Old March 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

in the video it was a small map they used just to demonstrate Dust,CCP has a ton of stuff ready to implement into the game but is holding off to see how players will use the integrated EVE gameplay.Last thing CCP wants is someone exploiting the mechanics,they will introduce more into it once they see how much or little EVE players use the DUST players.Remember this is still an "experiment"nothing like this has ever been done b4.imo yes it will be kinda mundane @ the beginning but by the time it is a hit those that start now will be glad they did.There is also on the drawing board non integrated gameplay vs drones,single player.
and the way CCP and Sony are gonna make money @ DUST IMO is micro transactions,not sure how,but to be great at the game it will still cost you,no doubt
Old March 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Dust 514 is a Glimpse of the Future - PlayStation 3 Feature at IGN
Old March 31, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

they're not introducing anything that you can buy with real money that will make you better than anyone else. they might have slight improvements like faster training or the ability to buy the in game currency legally meaning you can refit to the latest and greatest stuff out there. but I think that's about as far as they are going to go. most of the micro-transactions are going to be like the hats in TF2, they look fancy and separate you from everyone else visually, but are otherwise pretty much useless.