Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Simple as that,where do you spend the most your gaming time?
Console (XBOX 360) 3 5.45%
console (PLaysttation 3) 2 3.64%
PC 50 90.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 01:38 AM
Lyserberg

Lightbulb Console gaming to you!?

Hello everyone,inclusing the legendary moderator SoulTribunal,which i'm not sure if he's going to lock this,but anyway we're giving it a shot
The topic pretty much explains the rest,being a hardware forum i think that most of you (like 99% or so) are PC gamers in general,and some of them are to the point where they wish they could have a PS3 or a 360 in their hands to burn and watch that wacky GPU fall appart
so yeah the main question is do you play on console?And do you consider console gaming something really worth to try?And so where do you prefer to play on PC or console? And if some of you happen to play on console,is it XBOX360 or PlayStation 3?(if you're playing on PS2 then pretty much go home )
Thanks in advance for replies
My answer to this:Well console gaming has been too much important to me,when gaming was in his stone ages,the old-school side of things,console was the only way to go,PPL were having so much fun with Mario,sonic and so much titles,i actually own an XBOX 360 Slim since a year,and i never regret it,enough nice graphics,very robust,very solid feeling controller,great community,with some skilly geeks here and there,and EXCLUSIVE titlesthat just blow away any player,GOW,there's Fable (finally on PC) Halo,there's the very demanded by PC gamers,Forza with its 500 cars and almost 100 hours of lifetime,and more other intresting titles coming on the XBOX this fall,there's also Kinect which is just AMAZING,it was the best accessory i bought for my XBOX,next to the racing wheel that i use in Forza 4,
BUT with all these intresting features console gaming had never been able to take over my heart,my first real gaming hours i spent were in Return to castle wolfenstein,and since then i keep upgrading it,keep waiting for thos titles that come to PC like dozens of months later (like Mirror's Edge,Assassin's Creed,and L.A noire,pretty much a partial console port),in the goal of enjoying far more better graphics,better gameplay with the keyboard and mouse,and my native resolution which is something rare to happen in console,where 720p (except for COD whcih aims 60FPS) is the general law
Old March 20, 2012, 02:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My biggest complaint with console gaming is a lack of choice. Whether that lack of choice is about having to use a joystick for fps, not being able to choose servers on games or otherwise, I don't like it. A lot of the games I like just aren't great on console IMO.
Old March 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

the last console i bought for myself was a psone ,i had a ps2 but it was given so i didn't have to pay lol....the only console i have now is a wii and that belongs to my kids lol..pc gaming is where its at for me...altho i have heard talk that valve are acually working on a console.
Old March 20, 2012, 03:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

PC now, but I did go through an xbox 360 phase for a couple years.
Old March 20, 2012, 04:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
PC now, but I did go through an xbox 360 phase for a couple years.
Same here, and only because my friends at the time were console only gamers.
Old March 20, 2012, 05:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My last console was a Sega Genesis :P

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old March 20, 2012, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I bought a 360 a couple years back and the only time I play it is when I get forced to plays Worms Armageddon (whatever it's up to now) with my fiance.

Loved my Dreamcast/N64/Xbox but I don't think I'll buy a console again.

I use my PC now for everything.
Old March 20, 2012, 05:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry, only time I play on my 360 is for 360 exclusive games, such as Gears of War 3 (played that through with my fiancee as I wanted to know how the game was going to end). Since beating it haven't powered the 360 on for anything.
Old March 20, 2012, 06:15 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Tried both the 360 and the PS3, sold them and never gonna tough any console. PC forever for me :)
Old March 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Most of my gaming time is on PC, but I've got a PS3 as well that I prefer for certain styles of games, like Assassin's Creed, and use all the time for video streaming and bluray playback.