Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Simple as that,where do you spend the most your gaming time?
Console (XBOX 360) 3 5.45%
console (PLaysttation 3) 2 3.64%
PC 50 90.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
The drivers for that thing are only for Windows XP, Vista, or 32-bit 7. I have 64-bit 7
I also run a wireless 360 controller on my PC, windows 7 enterprise, with zero issues. It is absolutely the definition of plug-n-play!

Works great for Batman Arkham City!
Old March 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I disagree. Racing games are better with wheel. I can drive with a controller but I'm quite literally faster with the keyboard... OK I can drive but I can't drive well with a controller, uad a keyboard and then basicly went strait to wheel and never looked back.

Smomeone answer me this, why is Xbox has such rubbish wheel support?
Meh, to each their own. I don't like the on/off function of a keyboard when it comes to inputs. I like to modulate throttle, steering and brake inputs. I think that mastering a gamepad gets your farther than mastering the keyboard when it comes to sims.

I agree, a steering wheel/pedal combination is the ultimate tool, but I'm not made of money.

Also, running the dongle on 64-bit Win7, and not a single problem with it!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Adding to the fact that I'm running the wireless dongle on Win7 Ultimate 64bit w/o issues.
I can't play racing games or action (like Batman) titles without the 360 controller. Keyboard and Mouse sucks for those type of titles.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Meh, to each their own. I don't like the on/off function of a keyboard when it comes to inputs. I like to modulate throttle, steering and brake inputs. I think that mastering a gamepad gets your farther than mastering the keyboard when it comes to sims.

I agree, a steering wheel/pedal combination is the ultimate tool, but I'm not made of money.

Also, running the dongle on 64-bit Win7, and not a single problem with it!
Wheels, at least the entry level, arent too bad when it comes to money. Think I paid about 100 for my driving force GT shipping included. Well worth it if you like driving games.

And I do agree that a gamepad mastered can easily beat a keyboard mastered. I just never bothered with the gamepad.

And now I'm so off topic....

the 360 controller has drivers in windows 7 64bit, I dont know about the original xbox. Personally I use a hacked together old N64 controller with hacked drivers.
Old March 21, 2012, 01:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
I've run it on 64-Bit Windows, there are literally 0 issues with it.
Can you link me to the driver DL page? Thanks!
Old March 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Wheels, at least the entry level, arent too bad when it comes to money. Think I paid about 100 for my driving force GT shipping included. Well worth it if you like driving games.

And I do agree that a gamepad mastered can easily beat a keyboard mastered. I just never bothered with the gamepad.

And now I'm so off topic....

the 360 controller has drivers in windows 7 64bit, I dont know about the original xbox. Personally I use a hacked together old N64 controller with hacked drivers.
Try playing Gran Turismo 5 without a wheel and you'll see realize how important it is with that game!

You need to invest into a good wheel.
Old March 23, 2012, 02:33 AM
Lyserberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I purchased a Gamecube and a bunch of games from kijiji recently in hopes to get my GF to game a little with me.

She hasn't touched a controller once. :P
Girl friends,most of them used to like consoles,there are only few girls that i know actually play games on PC!
PS:My GF never played with me :P
Old March 23, 2012, 02:37 AM
Lyserberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
Can you link me to the driver DL page? Thanks!
Without saying any crap,Windows Update should be able to automatically have the latest drivers for you,so yeah no worries!and then you can connect them to your wireless dongle using the old XBOX method (pressing sync button)
The only drawback of an XBOX 360 controller as very few PPL know,that it adds 8ms of latency,which the PS3' controller using bleutooth doesn't have!
i use NVIDIA inspector to reduce prerendered frames to match that latency (3 prerendered frames add 50ms latency!)
Old March 23, 2012, 07:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It adds latency? I've never noticed such an issue, so I would say it's something you won't even spot playing on the PC.